Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I can see Johnson making the team.
He provides so much versality can move up and down the lines, is a useful penalty killer as well.
I really like him and his versitility. On top of that, he brings leadership. If he ends up not making it, I hope he's willing to go to Providence b/c they could use someone like that especially if a few kids make the jump.

Edit: I am predicting that Johnson makes the team

Last edited:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I can see Johnson making the team.
He provides so much versality can move up and down the lines, is a useful penalty killer as well.

I wouldn't rush to take the bait. Johnson is a 5'8 forward that may put up .5ppg. His performance is worse in the playoffs when the game gets heavier. He is now well on the wrong end of 30. I like him on a 2 way contract, but he better be the Tyler Johnson of 4 years ago to sign him to a one-way deal.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
It's not just the players too - staff and management go out of their way to make new players feel welcome. Class organization.

I love the effort they put into events that are free to the public, like development camp and training camp. Great opportunity for people who can't or don't want to pay regular season prices to see the team in person.

Reactions: Blowfish

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I think they built their camp with the expectation of having 6 goalies so with Swayman out this new guy is just a body to make the drills work. On Monday they can send a group to Providence (along with 2 goalies) and still have 2 goalies for each Boston group next week.
Do you think they will keep him as an Ahl backup, or cut him after camp?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yep. Everyone assumes he's going to help our defensive game but he's an offensive minded guy. He's going to join the rush and put pucks on net. That McAvoy pair is probably going to be an offensive pair while Lindholm-Carlo will continue to play heavy defensive minutes.
Hopefully, Lindholm plays much better this year than last. The Bruins need him to be.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad