Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Johnson has the edge due to his versatility and eating PK minutes. He's also better than Lysell at this point.
I don't know where you get your info, but it's not up to date.

Johnson hasn't played a second of PK time for the B's this preseason.

23-24- 3:28 the whole year
22-23 2:27
21-22 2:19
20-21 2:39
19-20 6:55

It's been 6 seasons since Johnson played as many minutes on the pk as Patrick Brown did last year in only 11 games on the Bruins. In fact, Brown played more in 11 games than Johnson did in the last 5 seasons combined.

So um... no he's not eating PK minutes. Try again.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Man, I would’ve understood Merkulov going down but Lysell as well?

At least give him/them one look with the big boys.

Reactions: BronxBruin

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I’m sure he woulda been called up but got that nasty injury.
Can’t see a ppg top prospect not getting a look this year at some point
The injury was pretty late during the season, and there were plenty of opportunities to have him play before that.

There were 9 guys who played in Providence and Boston last year.
(in order of games played in BOS)
Beecher
Boqvist
Steen
Brazeau
Brown
Richard
Merkulov
Megna
McLaughlin

Maybe he didn't deserve it then either, which would be a concern.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023

It's been 6 seasons since Johnson played as many minutes on the pk as Patrick Brown did last year in only 11 games on the Bruins. In fact, Brown played more in 11 games than Johnson did in the last 5 seasons combined.

He also doesn't really play center anymore, has been very bad defensively for a while now, and needs PP time to produce. Super versatile.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
they did great last year I figured they were turning the corner.
That was my thought. I was delighted when they let Poitras stay and then bringing Lohrei up.

But now we're back to the same stuff.

At least let us see Merk and Lysell with the big boys. Doing them an injustice not to.

Cam Em All

Sep 19, 2024
Looks ready to who? Based on two pre-season games? Was he really so good?

How's his board work? Positioning? Defensive play? Line changes?

Just a few questions.
Exactly. He has had some good shifts and showed some high end flash, but he does not look ready. He is only 21, let him ripen on the vine a little longer

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
He also had just 15 even strength points last year. Poitras had 14 in half the games played, Boqvist had 14 as well.
Speaking of Boqvist, I really wanted to keep him for this year, would have been a much better choice than TyJo IMO, not good enough for the Bruins but doing ok (3 goals in the preseason so far) for last year's cup winners.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Speaking of Boqvist, I really wanted to keep him for this year, would have been a much better choice than TyJo IMO, not good enough for the Bruins but doing ok (3 goals in the preseason so far) for last year's cup winners.
Yeah I thought he was looking pretty good, at least good enough for Sweeney to re-sign him and not try a Tyler Johnson pto.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Same condescending bullshit from you. Was talking about Lyell and Johnson. Brown has nothing to do with anything.

Stop hijacking threads

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Same condescending bullshit from you. Was talking about Lyell and Johnson. Brown has nothing to do with anything.

Stop hijacking threads
You claimed Johnson can eat PK minutes, he told you that Johnson hasn't PKed in years and provided the stats to back it up. That's not condescending, that's just being objectively correct.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
This organization has had a big problem with letting rooks play.

It's baffling
The Bruins let rooks Poitras, Beecher, Brazeau and Lohrei play last season, Merkulov even played a few games.

Playing rookies isn’t a problem maybe Donny wanted more seasoning for Fabian Lysell.

Lysell isn’t going to get much ice time in Boston anyway, so why not give him loads of ice time in Providence.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
You claimed Johnson can eat PK minutes, he told you that Johnson hasn't PKed in years and provided the stats to back it up. That's not condescending, that's just being objectively correct.
He can still PK and between that and his versatility along with the waiver exemption is why Johnson is still here.

I don’t expect him to make the team at this point but the ability to play special teams if need be gives him the edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad