News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
You admit to visiting downtown once this summer yet talk like you work, live and spend all your time off downtown.

I live in the westend and the wife and I (and the kids) frequent downtown, have reservations this evening in fact. Most of the cities best restaurants are downtown. Beautiful hiking/biking along the top and into the river valley. Not to mention tons of events throughout the summer (including Okoberfest, which we have tickets). To say that the ice district is bad for the city or didn't help the downtown core is ridiculous. It also doesn't cost anywhere near $30 to park downtown.

We're a large city, a real city, with real city obstacles.....just like every large city in Canada/US....I've been to dozens. Heading to London and Paris soon, arguably the 2 of the best cities in the world. I wonder if they have homelessness, boarded up windows, drug issues, policing issues???.....probably not, only Edmonton does.

I suggest either getting off your high horse and actually spend some time in YOUR downtown, you might actually appreciate it more than think. If you choose not to, thats ok....more room for the rest of us.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You admit to visiting downtown once this summer yet talk like you work, live and spend all your time off downtown.

I live in the westend and the wife and I (and the kids) frequent downtown, have reservations this evening in fact. Most of the cities best restaurants are downtown. Beautiful hiking/biking along the top and into the river valley. Not to mention tons of events throughout the summer (including Okoberfest, which we have tickets). To say that the ice district is bad for the city or didn't help the downtown core is ridiculous. It also doesn't cost anywhere near $30 to park downtown.

We're a large city, a real city, with real city obstacles.....just like every large city in Canada/US....I've been to dozens. Heading to London and Paris soon, arguably the 2 of the best cities in the world. I wonder if they have homelessness, boarded up windows, drug issues, policing issues???.....probably not, only Edmonton does.

I suggest either getting off your high horse and actually spend some time in YOUR downtown, you might actually appreciate it more than think. If you choose not to, thats ok....more room for the rest of us.
No.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

IMG_6908.jpeg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So with Kulak and Josh Brown playing together, and doing well, that does forecast Emberson playing with Nurse. I know it's early and that Knoblauch said that finding quality players mattered more early on than finding chemistry but it seems this is the plan.

Realistically wouldn't it be right to say he'll likely be similar to Ceci, perhaps a bit worse due to inexperience, but with room to grow to be better?

But stylistically I'm concerned that the description of him reminds me of Ceci a bit

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
So with Kulak and Josh Brown playing together, and doing well, that does forecast Emberson playing with Nurse. I know it's early and that Knoblauch said that finding quality players mattered more early on than finding chemistry but it seems this is the plan.

Realistically wouldn't it be right to say he'll likely be similar to Ceci, perhaps a bit worse due to inexperience, but with room to grow to be better?

But stylistically I'm concerned that the description of him reminds me of Ceci a bit
It’s so early in camp, I don’t read anything into those other than KK assessing Browns fit with who would likely be his partner in the event of a 7th man call up. I still think Stecher depth charts ahead of Brown once camp breaks.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It’s so early in camp, I don’t read anything into those other than KK assessing Browns fit with who would likely be his partner in the event of a 7th man call up. I still think Stecher depth charts ahead of Brown once camp breaks.
There's no way you can walk into the stat of the season with Josh Brown playing regular minutes
Idk. I think it speaks to them having desire to replicate what they lost in Desharnais. As for Stecher, my wish there is that I hope he looks good and ends up playing with Nurse actually. Judging by last year, Nurse would do better with someone mobile who moves the puck, and not the safe, defensive type.

Maybe Emberson pushes Brown out but Brown swaps in a bunch.

I bet Brown will look better here than he has in the past. Kulak always looks great on the bottom pairing and Brown is a complement the way Desharnais was.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah, I loved living in and around the downtown of Chicago for over a decade. There was always so much to do and it had a great atmosphere to meet new people.
I have friends who live in Calgary that love living in Calgary because there’s so much to do, while I love to live in Calgary while having a yard for my pets.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There's no way you can walk into the stat of the season with Josh Brown playing regular minutes
I mean they signed him to a 3 year deal and he brings something to the table that we sorely lack especially with Kane out of the lineup. I doubt that he's much of a downgrade from Vinny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad