News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kane's surgery could have some interesting implications for the fourth line. I still think it's extremely unlikely, but if they do decide to make the #2RD move now and use LTIR, they might have enough money to squeak in a #13 and a #14 F.

That means you could sit both Ryan and Perry at times and see if something like Podkolzin-Pederson-Lavoie or some waiver claims add some youthful spit and vinegar.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I am not going to give a long-winded explanation in return but who put up the money for all that development and no other Business owner was not going to put up 250 meters and 150 meter

towers that are going to bring in multi-millions in taxes for decades to come any other development would have been minuscule in size . Could you stop trying to act like he is a villain

No one else has invested that much in the history of the City on one private development
Where in my post am I saying Katz is a villain? I'm saying he's the one person that profited. For damn sure as a taxpayer I haven't. The CRL that the city collects on this development over and above what would have been anyway far less than the public expenditure and costs.

Well I don't know if Connor/Leon agree with that. He's back because I think they requested him back.

And I think it's because they don't have to be the two that always have to speak up in the room.
This isn't really a club that requires the miniscule amount Perry is bringing on the ice or in the room. Its a pretty self motivated bunch here on the club. Who is Perry talking to that needs talking to?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
These next few weeks are the worst. Pre-season is on so it feels like it's close, but they aren't real games yet so not the same. Football is great on Sundays, but MNF and TNF games can be hit or miss. Baseball is baseball.

The NHL usually has at least one intriguing game per evening to tune in to even if it isn't the Oilers. I find myself mindlessly flipping through channels without it.
I've watched about every miniseries or movie its possible to watch. . lol. Time for some NHL drama.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I’m getting pretty pumped for Oilers hockey boys. The D is questionable for now, we have to see how some guys look. But all the important core pieces are here again and we’ve added a couple top 6 forwards.. it’s looking pretty good.

I wanna see McDavid beat the brakes off this league and scorch it offensively, chase 150 pts again. Both him and Draisaitl will have bonafide top 6 wingers guaranteed, it’s gonna be so hard to defend. And then Janmark - Rico - Brown are all over you hounding the puck.

It’s gonna be a good season I can feel it

Reactions: Gordy Elbows

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
I am not going to give a long-winded explanation in return but who put up the money for all that development and no other Business owner was not going to put up 250 meters and 150 meter

towers that are going to bring in multi-millions in taxes for decades to come any other development would have been minuscule in size . Could you stop trying to act like he is a villain

No one else has invested that much in the history of the City on one private development

?
You think that Katz put up the money for all the buildings? He bought up all the land at very low costs and sold most of it back to the city and the other developers. He also rented out the space to the city for their offices.

And he promised to build the Golden Bears a new arena. He isn't a scumbag or thief like Pocklington was but his contributions are/were to his favor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad