News and Blog Report: Training camp & Preseason News & Notes, **New Pole Added**

Who makes the team

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I know it won't happen. But a Podkolzin - Philp - Lavoie line would be something I'd like to see. Some speed, grit, and they may even score a few. But, I know we are attached to the old guys (Ryan,Perry).
Move Podkolzin with Henrique and Janmark with Philp giving us a mix of vets and youth on each line.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Is it possible that Nurse was banged up in playoffs?
Physical limitations can cause brain farts trying to compensate
Maybe if he didn't have a career before last playoffs that was riddled with brain farts.

Guy is an idiot, hurt or not.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
If Brown wants to make a statement tonight,he heads straight for Soucy at the drop of the puck and beats the living crap out of him. If that is all he accomplishes this season I’ll be ok with that.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If Brown wants to make a statement tonight,he heads straight for Soucy at the drop of the puck and beats the living crap out of him. If that is all he accomplishes this season I’ll be ok with that.
Personally, I'd prefer that stupid giraffe Myers. Although it looks like Brown isn't playing tonight.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Expecting a guy with 30 games and a bunch of 6/7’s to suddenly be 4’s is classic Oilerthink.

It must be the water.
They likely expected to shoehorn Broberg on his offside as a stopgap, and Emberson is "oh shit" acquisition when that fell through. It's been pretty obvious right from the start of the offseason that the goal was to accrue capspace until the deadline and go all in on a homerun option.

The guy in the tweet seems a bit suspect in his speculation as everything has pointed to this being the Oiler's plan despite having to modify things on the fly mid way through the summer.

Reactions: Oilhawks

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Might have something to do with not having $4M+ lying around for a proven 2RD. Teams take shots on guys all the time. Forsling was a waiver claim and just won a Cup playing top 4 minutes, no?

Yeah too bad they spent that money on another 2nd line LW. Now we have 2! As I’ve said in the off season we could have done without that and in my opinion targeted a proven 2nd pair RD.

Forsling is a unicorn pickup. Maybe the best waiver wire claim ever. Certainly can’t expect a Forsling out of a defenceman waiver claim pan out like that very often if ever.

Hopefully a 30 game vet Emberson can carry the mail. I’ve zero faith Stetcher Brown or Dermott can play 2nd pair RD. Signing those players aren’t taking a shot though. That’s just typical Oiler management wishful thinking, something that I thought we were past with JJ.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Everyone is always searching for Martin St Louis or Gustav Forsling.
How has Arvidsson looked? Did not particularly like the signing, but he does look like a poor man St.Louis.

My personal preference for the opening night lineup:

Hyman-McDavid-Skinner
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Podzkolzin-Henrique-Lavoie
Janmark-Ryan-Brown
Perry

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Stetcher
Kulak-Emberson

Skinner
Pickard
How did the Oilers convince Katy Perry to take a seat in the PB? That defense is painful to look at. Ceci, Broberg, and Desharnais replaced with a bunch of AHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad