Speculation: Training Camp lines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Marchand - bergeron - pastrnak
Hall - studnicka - Smith (stud replaced when coyle recovers)
Debrusk - haula - foligno
Frederic - nosek - lazar

Forbort/grzelcyk - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort/grzelcyk - Clifton

Ullmark
Swayman

I think forbort and grzelcyk will switch around situationally, but not feeling super excited about forbort playing #2d. Time will tell.

Lauko/senyshyn/kuhlman/blidh/ian McKinnon and vaakanainen/zboril/Moore are probably the next guys up.

I was thinking about Boston's line combinations yesterday...

Marchand and Pastrnak will put up points with any C they play with, so I wondered if there was any merit to balancing out their offense by having Bergeron center the 2nd line...

Marchand - Coyle/Stud - Pastrnak
Hall - Bergeron - Smith

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian
Perlini-Shore-Turris / Benson-McLeod-Marody

The fourth lines are shaping up to be a very interesting battle. Benson is noticeably quicker and playing like he's got something to prove.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith (post-quarantine) - Ceci
Koekkoek-Bouchard
Russell-Lagesson

Early days yet, but the Koekkoek-Bouchard pairing has looked good.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oilers:

Hyman-McDavid-Puljujarvi
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-Ryan-Kassian
Perlini-Shore-Turris / Benson-McLeod-Marody

The fourth lines are shaping up to be a very interesting battle. Benson is noticeably quicker and playing like he's got something to prove.

Nurse-Barrie
Keith (post-quarantine) - Ceci
Koekkoek-Bouchard
Russell-Lagesson

Early days yet, but the Koekkoek-Bouchard pairing has looked good.

Name a luckier player than Hyman. Gets to spend most of his career so far riding shotgun with superstars.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Does Podkolzin stick with the big club this season, or does he need another year of development?
From all indications (aka media hype, interviews, practice clips, and camp so far), he’s ready. It looks like he is super strong and has a really heavy snap shot. The third line wing is his to lose right now.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Isles are pretty much set, but this is what's on the ice (players in bold are the likely starters):
Parise-Pageau-Timashov
Dal Colle-Nelson-Bailey
Beauvillier-Koivula-Wahlstrom
Komarov-Bardreau-Johnston
Lee-Barzal-Golyshev
Panik-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Bellows-Raty-Palmieri
Andreoff-Czarnik-Holmstrom

Pelech-Hutton
Gustafsson-Greene
Aho-LaDue
Hickey-Pulock
Chara-Dobson
Salo-Mayfield

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I was thinking about Boston's line combinations yesterday...

Marchand and Pastrnak will put up points with any C they play with, so I wondered if there was any merit to balancing out their offense by having Bergeron center the 2nd line...

Marchand - Coyle/Stud - Pastrnak
Hall - Bergeron - Smith
You have the think the Bruins try to address 2C at some point this year. Their core is all around 30. Marchand/Bergey/ Hall etc they have some good young players, but I would think they would want a more seared 2C for their current timeline

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
I think it's a bit amusing to try and post "training camp lines" when most teams still have 60+ skaters in camp.

Like, what are you supposed to learn from this?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I think it's a bit amusing to try and post "training camp lines" when most teams still have 60+ skaters in camp.

Like, what are you supposed to learn from this?

A lot of coaches start camps by experimenting. So for example, Habs camps usually see their shiny project paired up with Weber. It tells us who the organization things most highly right now and helps us get a glimpse of what they see the pecking order as. Also kinda is the first hint at what the coaches are thinking this year, who they see as what. I ain't no Leafs fan but I'm genuinely curious what part of their thin mess they see as being able to play on what line and how they think they'll handle the season.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
A lot of coaches start camps by experimenting. So for example, Habs camps usually see their shiny project paired up with Weber. It tells us who the organization things most highly right now and helps us get a glimpse of what they see the pecking order as. Also kinda is the first hint at what the coaches are thinking this year, who they see as what. I ain't no Leafs fan but I'm genuinely curious what part of their thin mess they see as being able to play on what line and how they think they'll handle the season.

Thats what training camp is for. Experimenting. Testing line combos. Seeing who has chemistry with who. Its not until the last few preseason games we actually see what each team is gonna run with.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Thats what training camp is for. Experimenting. Testing line combos. Seeing who has chemistry with who. Its not until the last few preseason games we actually see what each team is gonna run with.

Yeah but you can see how they value players. You can see if the coaching staff lines a player with nhlers or Ahlers and have a good idea if that player is expected to be given a serious shot at making the team or not.

I remember one year I showed up to training camp expecting to have a short leash and found myself lined up with two guys I knew were making the team. I knew right away where I stood with the team and what was expecting of me.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
why is duchene on the wing?

Because he plays better there. The Forsberg, Johansen and Duchene line was in tact very briefly last year and looked good, on Forsberg's 5 point night for example, but were broken up once Arvidsson returned from injury.

Out of the 6 forwards listed, Forsberg is the only one who can't play center. It's also nice to see Tomasino going in straight away at center instead of being brought in at wing.

I was under the impression Carrier graduate d to the big boys club after his finish to the season, no?

Yes, that's correct. Still the early days of camp so I'm assuming there will be several line shake ups, with the acquisition of Myers I'm assuming they want to get a look at how he'll do too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad