Speculation: Training Camp lines

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Podkolzin Miller Garland has been a line at camp and the one I’m most intrigued about.

Reactions: JoeMc

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
NYR has been

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov
Blais-Rooney-Reaves
Gauthier/Hunt

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinordi

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Gauthier and Reaves will be in and out depending on who’s playing better and who we’re playing. Reaves is 100% starting the season in the lineup though as our home opener is against the Caps. We have a new coach in Gallant so I expect them to change a bit as the season goes on. Glad to see that Gallant actually prioritizes LaF and Kakko in the top 6 though

Personally, I would go

LaF-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves

and keep the defense the same

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues 3rd line today

Kostin- Thomas - Tarasenko

love it. Tarasenko looks great. He’s fully healed

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Sharks first day of camp line combos:

Trying to make some sense of it as best as I can/think:

Line 1/2 Dahlen Couture Meier
Line 1/2 Barabanov Hertl Gregor (probably placeholder since Kane is out right now)
Line 3- Balcers Bonino Labanc
Line 4- Cogliano Weatherby Nieto

Pair 1/2- Ferraro Burns
Pair 1/2- Vlasic Karlsson
Pair 3- Simek Hatakka (probably Knyzhov who is out day to day right now)

Everyone else is fighting for spots, especially that winger spot with Hertl if Kane is out long term.

The winger spot next to Couture is also open, but looks like Dahlen is getting a shot to earn it first.

The bottom 6 are all guys that will almost certainly make the team, with Weatherby being the biggest question, but so far the team/coaches seem high on him.

Also do not expect any change to the D pairs, unless Knyzhov is more sick/injured than we know, regresses a lot from last year, or one of our prospects blow the coaches socks off.

So basically 2 winger spots, 1 center spot, and maybe a single D spot are realistically up for grabs, along with a 13f and 7d.

Ledge And Dairy

Gaudreau & Monahan back together again. Johnny Hockey and Moneyhands. The dynamic duo. The gruesome twosome. The wombo combo. Johnny and Seanny 4eva.

..sigh

If you heard their post practice interview they still seem very comfortable with being re-paired with eachother and were very clear that they just want consistency on their line, since last year was just a carousel of plug on the right side.

Monahan was also apparently injured since game 6 of the season, he is very likely to bounce back now that he's healthy and if they can play with either of Mange or Coleman long term that's a win.
(note that placing him on IR for surgery then means he would have been out until at least playoffs and without him there was no chance the Flames were making it, so deciding to write off the season after 6 games was definitely not the call)

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
NYR has been

Kreider-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Goodrow-Chytil-Kravtsov
Blais-Rooney-Reaves
Gauthier/Hunt

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth-Lundkvist
Tinordi

Shesterkin
Georgiev

Gauthier and Reaves will be in and out depending on who’s playing better and who we’re playing. Reaves is 100% starting the season in the lineup though as our home opener is against the Caps. We have a new coach in Gallant so I expect them to change a bit as the season goes on. Glad to see that Gallant actually prioritizes LaF and Kakko in the top 6 though

Personally, I would go

LaF-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Goodrow
Blais-Rooney-Reaves

and keep the defense the same

I wouldn’t be surprised if Gauthier just flat out doesn’t make the team and goes to waivers or is dealt for a pick. I think the rotation will be between Reaves and Hunt assuming everyone’s healthy. Unless Gauthier can transform his game a little bit then I don’t see him fitting the mold of what Drury has been doing in the bottom 6. He hasn’t proven to be physical and he doesn’t play special teams that I’m aware of. Gauthier would be better off going to a weaker team like Seattle where hopefully he gets a legit shot in a teams middle 6 rather then spending 4 out of 5 games in a press box and getting used sparingly when he does get into a lineup.

Last edited:

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Why is Dach so low on the depth chart

Not sure why the beat writer numbered it like that

He would be on the ‘third’ line in this case. That Carpy and Kharia line is a fourth line

I wouldn’t read too much into it. I expect Kurashev and Reichel start in Rockford and Nylander, Guadette plus Borgstrom all make the opening night

Hawks want to give Johnson a chance here with some talent

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Sharks first day of camp line combos:

Line 1/2 Dahlen Couture Meier
Line 1/2 Barabanov Hertl Gregor (probably placeholder since Kane is out right now)
Line 3- Balcers Bonino Labanc
Line 4- Cogliano Weatherby Nieto

200w.webp

holy moly that is.. unfortunate.

If you heard their post practice interview they still seem very comfortable with being re-paired with eachother and were very clear that they just want consistency on their line, since last year was just a carousel of plug on the right side.

Monahan was also apparently injured since game 6 of the season, he is very likely to bounce back now that he's healthy and if they can play with either of Mange or Coleman long term that's a win.
(note that placing him on IR for surgery then means he would have been out until at least playoffs and without him there was no chance the Flames were making it, so deciding to write off the season after 6 games was definitely not the call)

Comfortable yeah. Comfortable like that shitty old La-Z-Boy in the den your wife keeps demanding you get rid of. Monahan is likely to bounce back because how could he not. He was absolutely terrible last season.

Sean's hips and his wrist have been and continue to be major concerns. I am just blown away by this franchise's willingness to keep banging their head against the wall. Truly admirable.

Reactions: Dicdonya

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Sean's hips and his wrist have been and continue to be major concerns. I am just blown away by this franchise's willingness to keep banging their head against the wall. Truly admirable.
It's a rough situation. If Monahan was ever allowed to take the games off to properly recover, we wouldn't be talking about him being "useless without Jonny". They won't do that though, because without Monahan, there is a 100% chance we miss the playoffs. Which goes to show, even an injured Monahan is better for the Flames than most the guys in our system.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
It's a rough situation. If Monahan was ever allowed to take the games off to properly recover, we wouldn't be talking about him being "useless without Jonny". They won't do that though, because without Monahan, there is a 100% chance we miss the playoffs. Which goes to show, even an injured Monahan is better for the Flames than most the guys in our system.

Yeah damn shit if only we had a player that we could plug into a scoring position to help lighten Monahan's load when things weren't clicking. Some forward, I dunno maybe drafted high like say 4th overall, that was drafted as a C and had shown some potential previously. Can't think of anybody like that. I'm not bitter.

Lmao no way! That lineup is a beauty /s

Just imagine that lineup when we trade Hertl, or add yet another 8year 8+mil contract to the SJ books.
Mmmmmm

The stuff Doug Wilson's dreams are made of(I assume).

Reactions: Dicdonya

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Marchand - bergeron - pastrnak
Hall - studnicka - Smith (stud replaced when coyle recovers)
Debrusk - haula - foligno
Frederic - nosek - lazar

Forbort/grzelcyk - McAvoy
Reilly - Carlo
Forbort/grzelcyk - Clifton

Ullmark
Swayman

I think forbort and grzelcyk will switch around situationally, but not feeling super excited about forbort playing #2d. Time will tell.

Lauko/senyshyn/kuhlman/blidh/ian McKinnon and vaakanainen/zboril/Moore are probably the next guys up.

Reactions: Bruhin

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah damn shit if only we had a player that we could plug into a scoring position to help lighten Monahan's load when things weren't clicking. Some forward, I dunno maybe drafted high like say 4th overall, that was drafted as a C and had shown some potential previously. Can't think of anybody like that. I'm not bitter.
Bennett was never going to work out in Calgary, it was like water and oil. You can pretend that he could have stepped up app you want but he was literally plaved on that line last year and rightfully removed since there was almost zero chemistry. Just be happy he found that synergy in Florida and move on because there was absolutely nothing left for him here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad