Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
To be fair, this is the first negative report I've seen on Bass from any reporter. If this was the first day that he kicked (highly unlikely), then yes it's a problem.

But camp is almost over and this is the first bad day I've hard that Bass has had.
I could have sworn I've heard Sal on WGR talking about him misisng a few 30-45 yarders a week or two ago. Didn't sound like Sal even had confidence in him
I have zero confidence in Bass

I wouldn't go that low, but he clearly has the yips.

Yeah I think this is where I am at. Hopefully he can just clean a few things up and be his consistent 2022 Bass again.

Not sure if it's yips or what. But his % went from 87% in 2021 and 87% in 2022 to 82% in 2023. hat's a significant drop and at the very least concerning.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I could have sworn I've heard Sal on WGR talking about him misisng a few 30-45 yarders a week or two ago. Didn't sound like Sal even had confidence in him

Yeah I think this is where I am at. Hopefully he can just clean a few things up and be his consistent 2022 Bass again.

Not sure if it's yips or what. But his % went from 87% in 2021 and 87% in 2022 to 82% in 2023. hat's a significant drop and at the very least concerning.

McDermott in his press conference today without being prompted specially mentioned Bass was kicking very well.

Reactions: Selanne00008

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Love the starters playing, the rust has to get knocked off. Also the injuries are going to help some fringe players get looks at depth roles

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Love the starters playing, the rust has to get knocked off. Also the injuries are going to help some fringe players get looks at depth roles
Not just that, they've got some chemistry things that only get ironed out with practice and game situation reps. Specifically, Allen has a new center (they NEED to get game reps with the snaps, even if all Allen does is turn around and hand off) and new receivers too.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not just that, they've got some chemistry things that only get ironed out with practice and game situation reps. Specifically, Allen has a new center (they NEED to get game reps with the snaps, even if all Allen does is turn around and hand off) and new receivers too.
Josh did not sound thrilled about it, but building a connection with McGovern and all the new WRs is a need.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Bring your sunscreen kids
1723304115162.png

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
O line had no push on those runs. Mostly backups on defense now going against the Bears starters on O, so it could get a bit ugly.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
O Line has been pretty underwhelming. No run game right now with starters is tough.

Defense already playing back ups and albeit allowing big chunks, they did hold them to two field goals.

Do not want to see Josh run in the preseason EVER!

Special Teams is a mess.
Eh no issue if he slides. Don’t want to see designed QB runs.

Reactions: misterchainsaw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad