Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
30? This city, and the surrounding neighborhoods have been getting their nuts kicked in for the better part of a half-century. I'm not going to get into the specifics, because this isn't the thread for it. But God damn... the only thing keeping the good people of Western New York from going full Jonestown is the hope of a Championship.
Well, 30 is the better part of a half-century... 😁

I hear you though, don't mean to minimize further back trauma. I just think we're still operating within the specific generational/emotional orbit of 90-94 and will be for another decade (or until we win one).

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
30? This city, and the surrounding neighborhoods have been getting their nuts kicked in for the better part of a half-century. I'm not going to get into the specifics, because this isn't the thread for it. But God damn... the only thing keeping the good people of Western New York from going full Jonestown is the hope of a Championship.
you mean the 30 new micro Breweries in WNY have not turned things around ? :rolleyes:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Day 10 injury report

S Mike Edwards (hamstring) — Week-to-week, has not practiced since July 28.

WR Chase Claypool (toe) — Day-to-day, has not practiced since July 28.

RB Ty Johnson (hamstring) — Day-to-day, has not practiced since July 29.

OL Travis Clayton (shoulder) — Day-to-day, has not practiced since July 29.

S Cole Bishop (shoulder) — Week-to-week, has not practiced since July 30.

LB Edefuan Ulofoshio (ribs) — Has not practiced since Aug. 4.

LB Nicholas Morrow (core/groin) — Day-to-day, has not practiced since Aug. 4.

WR Justin Shorter (knee) — Day-to-day, did not practice Monday.

WR Andy Isabella (undisclosed) — Suffered an apparent leg injury on Aug. 5 and rode a practice cart the long stretch back to the locker room.

OL La’El Collins (knee) — Returned to practice Monday after missing two straight sessions.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
What are the predictions for Keon Coleman? Obviously seems like a super great kid but I’m so new to the sport, I don’t pretend to know anything outside of the guys I’ve seen play the last few years.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
What are the predictions for Keon Coleman? Obviously seems like a super great kid but I’m so new to the sport, I don’t pretend to know anything outside of the guys I’ve seen play the last few years.
I will say 60/800/5, just below Zay Flowers last season.

Last edited:

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
NOT liking ball security or Bass kicking issues. I have a bad feeling Bass is trending down the past 12 months and we might need to actual re-think the kicking position. REALLY hope I am wrong.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Those 4 SB runs with the regular seasons and that core were excellent and just fun to be part of.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Good to read regarding Milano. The parts about Cook and Bass are concerning, though. Kickers can be the difference between winning a SB and losing. I don't doubt we lose to KC if Bass hits that FG, but you really never know- the odds plummeted when he missed it, though.

And Cook seems to have ball security issues that make me nervous about him. Someone may be able to debunk that myth. He seems to drop a lot of balls, too, but his catch rate is pretty high, so the data doesn't always backup what I'm seeing. That being said, I believe he just drops passes at the worst times, and a bunch of them seem to be catchable balls.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'll say 45-550-7.

Imo he's going to have some growing pains at different points this season, as expected for a rookie of his pedigree. But the touchdowns are going to flow.

Reactions: 12ozPapa

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Good to read regarding Milano. The parts about Cook and Bass are concerning, though. Kickers can be the difference between winning a SB and losing. I don't doubt we lose to KC if Bass hits that FG, but you really never know- the odds plummeted when he missed it, though.

And Cook seems to have ball security issues that make me nervous about him. Someone may be able to debunk that myth. He seems to drop a lot of balls, too, but his catch rate is pretty high, so the data doesn't always backup what I'm seeing. That being said, I believe he just drops passes at the worst times, and a bunch of them seem to be catchable balls.
Cook's issue with drops last year wasn't the volume of them, but the fact that he had multiple memorable drops of easy TDs in close games.

He had 4 fumbles last season.

There are also reports of multiple Ray Davis fumbles in practice. Ball security is something they need to work on across the board, it would appear.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
NOT liking ball security or Bass kicking issues. I have a bad feeling Bass is trending down the past 12 months and we might need to actual re-think the kicking position. REALLY hope I am wrong.
To be fair, this is the first negative report I've seen on Bass from any reporter. If this was the first day that he kicked (highly unlikely), then yes it's a problem.

But camp is almost over and this is the first bad day I've hard that Bass has had.

Reactions: Selanne00008

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021

The ones that stand out to everyone are the ones he drops at critical times, or when they are glaringly obvious because we're a bunch of cynical bastards who like nothing more than to complain. He's dropped 9 of 89 targets during the regular season; during the same stretch, he's had 5 touchdowns and secured 21 first-downs - virtually none of which are talked about.

When you stack him up against Singletary, the two are virtually identical in that regard, and I can't ever remember our fanbase fixating on (Singletary's) drops to this extent.

When you look around the league, he isn't that much worse than Alvin Kamara, who has enjoyed a lot of success in the league.

Or Saquon Barkley.

You could also argue he's been better than his brother Dalvin, when it comes to pulling in the ball.

I'm going to chalk this dropping nonsense up to the fact that he has an atypical build, he is not an All-Pro talent, and the media who just wants to reinforce the rampant confirmation bias because it's easier to say what everyone agrees with rather than do actual research.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
I’m a newbie but I love Cook. He sure had some terrible drops, but he’ll improve I think in that. I think we should be stoked about our RBs. TEs are looking good. WRs are a bit of “committee “ type thing, but COULD be awesome. I personally just worry about the defense. I also worry about Allen getting injured, even as non-injury prone he is. The guy plays a wild style.

EDIT: like I said, newbie here, so I could be WAY wrong on all of the above - PLEASE correct me if I’m wrong, I’d love to be more educated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad