Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Tyreek Hill signed a restructured contract with Miami.

The Miami Dolphins and star wide receiver Tyreek Hill have reached an agreement on a reworked contract worth $90 million over the next three years that includes $65 million guaranteed, Hill’s agent Drew Rosenhaus said Saturday.

Hill will get $106.5 million fully guaranteed over the next four seasons, the most fully guaranteed money ever for a wide receiver.

“We did not add any new years,” Rosenhaus said. “This is just adding guaranteed money. It’s the most guaranteed money added to a contract without adding new years in NFL history.”

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Not in love with Tyreek, Tua and McDaniels continuing on in this division, but their cap situation leaves me optimistic that the Bills will continue to have success against the Dolphins.

I definitely agree but I do think that Tyreek is worth every penny. The smoke and mirrors that allow Tua to lead the league in passing have a lot to do with that guy. He's insane.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
I definitely agree but I do think that Tyreek is worth every penny. The smoke and mirrors that allow Tua to lead the league in passing have a lot to do with that guy. He's insane.

Absolutely, Tyreek is a first-ballot Hall of Famer every day of the week... when he's not making headlines for being a used panty-liner. He (along with McDaniels) are the reason Tua's about to make what he's about to make, and I think management understands that.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
From the branding I see traveling, I would say it has up there with PSG, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Liverpool FC, Argentina, and the Cowboys, etc

I get asked, or talked to about my Josh trucker cap at least once a day, EVERY day! by fans and non fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStorm

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

To summarize:
1.) 4 WRs have separated themselves: Shakir, Samuel, Coleman and Hollins.
2.) MVS is starting to come on, while Shavers has been consistent and probably the #6 if we keep 6.
3.) Taron Johnson keeps improving and might be the most important piece to the defense
4.) Ray Davis -- who knows? Need game action, as he thrives on physicality which doesn't happen in camp
5.) Starting 5 OL are set. La'el Collins could very well be the only true veteran backup. RVD, Anderson, SVPG and Grable all look capable.
6.) Issues at safety besides injuries?? Rapp is a starter, but still takes poor angles and overruns his position.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

To summarize:
2.) MVS is starting to come on, while Shavers has been consistent and probably the #6 if we keep 6.
3.) Taron Johnson keeps improving and might be the most important piece to the defense
4.) Ray Davis -- who knows? Need game action, as he thrives on physicality which doesn't happen in camp
5.) Starting 5 OL are set. La'el Collins could very well be the only true veteran backup. RVD, Anderson, SVPG and Grable all look capable.
6.) Issues at safety besides injuries?? Rapp is a starter, but still takes poor angles and overruns his position.
A lot of Justin Shorter fans are going to be very upset soon

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I read only a few articles a week on the bills in the offseason, so not real invested this time of year…but i swear I haven’t even seen his name mentioned
By most accounts he's been completely invisible in camp. He was probably competing with Shavers for the depth X / special teams role that Kumerow used to hold. Shavers has been a standout (and has more ST experience). Shorter has been MIA. PS stash or another fake injury for a year of IR is my guess.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

To summarize:
It will be interesting to see how Collins holds up preseason, many of the online guys do not see him making the cut as he has only been playing guard and not tackle so does not have position versatility they like along with the fact he does not seem to have much left in the tank. I believe RVD has been first choice LT2.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

If Elam is progressing as much as it seems, and if the safety room is as much of a disaster as it could be, I really hope they play around with some 3-CB looks. Douglas has experience at safety. Draw up something that replaces one of the struggling safeties with a third CBs. Get the best players on the field as much as possible. Doesn't have to be the base package, but make it something they can deploy on crucial downs, etc.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
per SalC today
-Still thinks it's a tall task for Elam to beat out Benford, more rotation and motivation to other players
-Isabella carted off field today after big hit from Deshaun Williams. Had a ice pack on his lower leg.
-Lots of jawing today in practice including Josh and Babich
-Team practiced through heavy pouring rain today
-2 practices left this week at Fisher, off Friday, Bears game Saturday
-Harty is having a good camp and made a couple plays today, legit shot as backup db/returner
-Von still looking good and doing things, Smoot in top 4 DE rotation, Jonathan flashing and have Soloman as well. Smoot can also play inside.
-Davidson making a lot of plays in camp, is 6-7'
-D better than the Off today

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Been hearing a lot of the “defence was better than the offence today” takes after practices.

I really hope this Is because we have a great defence, and not that we are in for a rude awakening with the offence this season.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
per SalC today
-Still thinks it's a tall task for Elam to beat out Benford, more rotation and motivation to other players
-Isabella carted off field today after big hit from Deshaun Williams. Had a ice pack on his lower leg.
-Lots of jawing today in practice including Josh and Babich
-Team practiced through heavy pouring rain today
-2 practices left this week at Fisher, off Friday, Bears game Saturday
-Harty is having a good camp and made a couple plays today, legit shot as backup db/returner
-Von still looking good and doing things, Smoot in top 4 DE rotation, Jonathan flashing and have Soloman as well. Smoot can also play inside.
-Davidson making a lot of plays in camp, is 6-7'
-D better than the Off today
Have to wonder how much the weather impacted the defense bettering the offense. Also, good to read Von is still looking good. If he can come back to form, that'd be a nice surprise.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I’m fully expecting the offense to struggle out of the gate. They’ve had some turnover. Slow start would be perfectly normal. I won’t care until we’re after the bye

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I’m fully expecting the offense to struggle out of the gate. They’ve had some turnover. Slow start would be perfectly normal. I won’t care until we’re after the bye

This is also their first training camp under a new coordinator so there is going to be some adjustments even among the players already here.

I do realize that could also go for the defense, but it's mostly McDermott's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium