GDT: Training Camp discussion - Rifai and Murray on waivers -- Steeves clears

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
No, I didn't miss the attempted point. More just pointing out the poor choice of words. But if you want to believe that losing a 26 year old with 2 NHL games of experience is a material loss, that is your opinion. The team clearly disagrees with it.
I hope he catches on with another team, but they have enough LD right now.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
Indeed.

Kampf or Jarnkrok are likely the guys to go, but I did half expect them to throw Liljegren on waivers today and still think they'll move him, unfortunately.
I think it's more likely to be Jarnkrok, he's always injured. I think Berube really likes Kamp's game and wants him on the team, yeah he's a little overpaid for the fourth line but every coach always plays him and likes him.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think it's more likely to be Jarnkrok, he's always injured. I think Berube really likes Kamp's game and wants him on the team, yeah he's a little overpaid for the fourth line but every coach always plays him and likes him.
Yeah, Kmapf's cap issue is magnified by the team's front heaviness. He is useful. Ideally, you'd have a guy around 1m-1.5m, but it is what it is.

I feel Kronk is a better player, and I would like more in return if he is moved. While he's not immediately as important for the team, with an injury or two, he becomes so.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Rifai is gonna be tough to lose if claimed but the term/lack of NHL time might mean he clears.
He'd be far less likely a risk to be claimed if he was on a one-way for this season, but that being the case beginning next season should still hopefully ward off that kind of interest from rival teams now.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
If Robertson is sat off the opening night roster for a player like Patches or Jarnkrok after the camp he has had then it's clear the players play means nothing.

Apart from scoring goals in the pre season, Robertson was engaged all over the ice, back checked hard, stronger along the boards (one of his big weaknesses last season) and better in the d-zone.

I don't expect this to be a nightly thing, there's going to be games where he doesn't play good etc, BUT at least you know it's there for now.
I think it sends a terrible message if Robertson isn't in the starting lineup on Wed. I'd think that would be worse than not starting Spezza in his first game. Also, his family is flying in to watch him in that game

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think it sends a terrible message if Robertson isn't in the starting lineup on Wed. I'd think that would be worse than not starting Spezza in his first game. Also, his family is flying in to watch him in that game
He's playing Wednesday zero doubt.

Reactions: Buds17

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Let Nicky Robby play until he gives Chief a reason to sit him. Patches has a heck of a resume, but his value add to this team is cheap, veteran depth. The kind of you will be happy to have in January after a losing skid and some guys need maintenance days.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Reading some of the comments on here, you'd expect the Leafs to be a Lottery team... #positivenation
They should make the playoffs but after that they’re an unknown. There’s hope, but no one can assume they’ll be competitive. The core have never dictated who wins the series and rely on the opposition to determine the outcome.

If their stars get pushed out again they won’t win. It’s that simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad