GDT: Training Camp discussion - Rifai and Murray on waivers -- Steeves clears

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Indeed.

Kampf or Jarnkrok are likely the guys to go, but I did half expect them to throw Liljegren on waivers today and still think they still think they'll move him, unfortunately.

I think they are trying to find value for any of those players. Not many teams have the cap space or roster space for them though... so Treliving and the Leafs put themselves in a corner instead of being active early in the off-season.

Reactions: stickty111

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Lineup looks pretty set now with Chief wanting that as the 4th line... Only thing is the 3rd line has too many people right now, We have about 3 forwards and only one roster spot available.. (Patches/Jarnkrok/Dewar (LTIR)

That 4th line. Many people are saying that it's the best 4th line. It's very popular more popular than anyone could ever imagine. They're big men, very strong men, very very rough men, there's never been anyone stronger. Oh and tough, so very tough. NHL tough and that's so awfully tough

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
He can still be traded.

RD - NHLer
He can. I probably value him more than most, but it feels like they won't get some interesting enough back for him.

At the risk of setting people off and going against the strong recency bias, I'd package him with Robertson and try to get either a better D or C.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I think they are trying to find value for any of those players. Not many teams have the cap space or roster space for them though... so Treliving and the Leafs put themselves in a corner instead of being active early in the off-season.
I mean, a mid-round will do for Kampf, LA, and Colorado is supposedly in need of a 4th line C.

For Jarnkrok, who knows. His deadline value may be a 2nd, but that's quite far away.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I'm trying to change the identifier seeing as Pacioretty is to hard to remember how to spell(its like Rielly for some people) and Max is reserved for Max Domi

If the Leafs sign Maxwell it will be the first time ever any team has ever had two Max's on the same team.😉

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'm trying to change the identifier seeing as Pacioretty is to hard to remember how to spell(its like Rielly for some people) and Max is reserved for Max Domi

If the Leafs sign Maxwell it will be the first time ever any team has ever had two Max's on the same team.😉
Patches full first name is actually Maximillian ;)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Engvall is f***ing atrocious. I'd take a 1 legged Patches over him any day.

Cant believe that buttercup got a 8yr contract

The second that deal was signed Pierre won the poll for "Most Likely to be Waived Before the Ink is Dry".

He lasted a tad longer so congrats to him though for making it a full year before the Isles inevitably bailed on him.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Patches full first name is actually Maximillian ;)
I thought it was Maximus. Too bad.

1000009356.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Rocket

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The second that deal was signed Pierre won the poll for "Most Likely to be Waived Before the Ink is Dry".

He lasted a tad longer so congrats to him though for making it a full year before the Isles inevitably bailed on him.

All Islanders need is for Brodeur and Stevens to be resurrected and then they'll be right on track.

Otherwise, not much winning going on there.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
The Leafs have 30k of cap space right now, without Pacioretty and Lorentz. If they sign them both to about 1.8M combined, they will need to find more than just Hakanpaa on LTIR.

Dewar has been skating with regulars. Jarnkrok is only day to day and Berube said it wasn't serious. Same for McCabe.

Tre on OverDrive said he was in non-contact and weeks away from playing. He could be an LTIR candidate.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Good on you for missing the point
No, I didn't miss the attempted point. More just pointing out the poor choice of words. But if you want to believe that losing a 26 year old with 2 NHL games of experience is a material loss, that is your opinion. The team clearly disagrees with it.

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad