GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They bought the rights to those games. This is what the NFL has been doing. It’s smart for the leagues they need the revenue. It’s an inconvenience for fans cause you gotta subscribe but if we want the cap to go up we need these types of deals

They know my location from the several hundred deliveries they make here yearly.

It is just another free game for me.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not using my eyes, I am saying he produces and plays the minutes of a 2C+, that is backed by fact.

Your posts are backed by nothing.

I am not comparing the two.

Tavares is a 1C/2C and will continue to be one, that's what I am saying.

Your trends are not looking like trends.

You are making up arguments, no clue what you're talking about.

Respond with something that makes sense next time please.
You're clearly not using your eyes to read what I wrote.

Except that when I provided facts you ignore them and say I'm making up arguments.

I think it's time for me to give up providing facts and go your way.

So fine, I will agree with you - Tavares is still a 1C, despite the evidence to the contrary.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
They bought the rights to those games. This is what the NFL has been doing. It’s smart for the leagues they need the revenue. It’s an inconvenience for fans cause you gotta subscribe but if we want the cap to go up we need these types of deals
Can I record these games. I almost never watch a game live

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I was disappointed Pelley didn’t show up yo remind Leafs Nation that the goal isn’t jersey sales even though that and season tickets are exactly what their goal is…….
I just can’t watch those things anymore. They are also delusional and simply full of shi$t. How about they do their talking on the ice instead of BS pressers

Reactions: rumman

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I'm sure they all look forward to the same dumb questions, asked 3 different ways by 6 different news providers.
I agree with you on that as well. Everyone on both sides of the mic know it’s all media nonsense……..just drop the dam puck

Reactions: ULF_55

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
People keep saying Tavares should be a 3C... does anyone know what the average 3C is? He's a 2C at worst.

Regardless, whoever is "3C" is still getting 18+ minutes a night.

For me, Tavares at this point of his career is a weird player to place. His offensive production and responsible defensive play makes him indisputably still a top 6 talent, but he's also lost a step. I think he's a better fit either at LW or #3C on a line with a more dump-and-chase philosophy. I'd prefer someone with more speed and dynamism playing with Willie/Mitch.

Of course, the other option is to just put Willie as C, an experiment it seems we are going to see once again. Like most here, I doubt it works out and especially with Domi on his wing, but worth a try I suppose. Easier to find a top 6 C from within than to trade for one.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

The first on-ice session of training camp is set for 9:30 am on Thursday at the Ford Performance Centre.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Hey Friends, seeing the media day pictures reminded me of the Captain switch and it's trickle down to A's. I noticed a picture with Mitch and Mo wearing A's but haven't yet seen one of Johnny. Are there any pictures with John having an A (I have to assume he will)?

Leaves Willy out entirely, and any other candidate.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Max Domi with Nylander? Who is going to back-check on that line?

Its scary to think Domi may be worse defensively then Nylander....it was Domi issues most of his carreer

Maybe putting Nylander at center gives him more responsibility and therefore keeps him more engaged in the game. Its not like he is a small center and will get overpowered.

But yes ....Domi and Nylander will need another winger that is very good defensively and brings some weight. McMann or Knies could fill that spot IMHO

Hey Friends, seeing the media day pictures reminded me of the Captain switch and it's trickle down to A's. I noticed a picture with Mitch and Mo wearing A's but haven't yet seen one of Johnny. Are there any pictures with John having an A (I have to assume he will)?

Dont they alternate the "A's" game to game or week to week ? Not sure but I think they did alternate them last year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Was it cleared up if Berube was referring to Patches or Domi at wing? This feels pretty deep and taking into account Dewar and Hakanpaa being initially unavailable...

Knies-Matthews-Domi
McMann-JT-Marner
Patches-88-Cowan
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Tanev
Benoit-McCabe
OEL-Liljegren
Timmins

If Nylander doesn't get the Berube seal of approval for centre, I suppose you can simply swap Domi and Nylander in that line up.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca

Tavares/Rielly/Marner will probably be rotating As, because only 2 can wear one on your team per game if your team has a captain (3 if no captain).

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Its scary to think Domi may be worse defensively then Nylander....it was Domi issues most of his carreer

Maybe putting Nylander at center gives him more responsibility and therefore keeps him more engaged in the game. Its not like he is a small center and will get overpowered.

But yes ....Domi and Nylander will need another winger that is very good defensively and brings some weight. McMann or Knies could fill that spot IMHO

Dont they alternate the "A's" game to game or week to week ? Not sure but I think they did alternate them last year.
They did do Home/Away with Auston and Mitch, but I wonder who they would alternate this year given the group. Only thing I could see is a true 3 way alternate?

To me John and Mo should both be everyday As, but given how everyone talks about Mitch's role in the roomie seems to deserve it as well. We'll see how they swap them out!

Reactions: Da Mash

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
They did do Home/Away with Auston and Mitch, but I wonder who they would alternate this year given the group. Only thing I could see is a true 3 way alternate?

To me John and Mo should both be everyday As, but given how everyone talks about Mitch's role in the roomie seems to deserve it as well. We'll see how they swap them out!
It wasn't home/away specific, it was just 1 game Matthews, next game Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad