Training camp 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think Lacynski has garnered some consideration for a call up option. They still need more scoring options on the wing & Nick Robertson has been on the trade block all summer. Travis Boyd is on waivers, too.

I know Pearson has looked good but I'd be surprised if McCrimmon didn't grab a more physically imposing player like Josh Dunne off waivers after losing Cotter & Carrier in the offseason.

I think an extra fourth line forward and some more scoring depth will be the inevitable trade deadline pickups.

We've got a physical defense and two of three on each line capable of playing a physical game. We've gotten slower though so I don't know if a big, physical player who makes us even slower will be something to add before the season starts. And if a player is fast and physical I can't imagine they'd be on waivers.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I think an extra fourth line forward and some more scoring depth will be the inevitable trade deadline pickups.

We've got a physical defense and two of three on each line capable of playing a physical game. We've gotten slower though so I don't know if a big, physical player who makes us even slower will be something to add before the season starts. And if a player is fast and physical I can't imagine they'd be on waivers.
Very much doubt we'll bring in yet another fourth liner. Unless one is lost to waivers.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I may have thought so too but we always seem to build over the top depth at playoff time.
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me for them to get back to 14 forwards when healthy, and guys like ZAR, Rondbjerg Lascynski are there to be waiver call ups.

Roy back to 4C also seems inevitable. I think Howden will move up to 2LW because Bruce liked how he played with Stone in the Cup run. He seemed to imply it with his comments about where everyone slots in on the 3rd and 4th line yesterday, and I don't think he was talking about Roy filling in while Karlsson is day to day.

Barbs Eichel Olofsson
Howden WB Stone
Doro Hertl Holtz
Pearson Roy Kolesar

If Olofsson is to be given a short leash and come in & out of the lineup, Holtz & Doro slot in with Eichel which leaves a spot for Brisson or trade for someone like Robertson. (or Roy gets double duty on the top line RW in tight games when they turtle)

But yeah eventually McCrimmon will have to satisfy his need for more beef. He's probably on hockeydb right now looking up guys from Manitoba named Cody, Brayden or Tanner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad