Trading cards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Does anyone on here collect them? I used to but have decided to sell off what I can, I’ll be looking into value so can’t give pricing yet. I have loads of Kings cards, Gretzky cards and a couple of fairly rare sets and I’ll get a proper list together once they are out of storage. However before I start I wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested, whilst I think about it. I’m impulsive so if I don’t ask now, I’ll get them out of storage and will have them sold before I remember that I’d planned on offering them up on here first.

Last edited:

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Does anyone on here collect them? I used to but have decided to sell off what I can, I’ll be looking into value so can’t give pricing yet. I have loads of Kings cards, Gretzky cards and a couple of fairly rare sets and I’ll get a proper list together once they are out of storage. However before I start I wanted to see if anyone on here would be interested, whilst I think about it. I’m impulsive so if I don’t ask now, I’ll get them out of storage and will have them sold before I remember that I’d planned on offering them up on here first.
I have some of my own cards I'd like to part with as well for a fair price...have a Dionne rookie signed and Gretzky rookie amongst others...have a slew of other Rookie cards too and complete(4-5)O-pee chee sets from 1989-90 Flames Stanley Cup...have a Winnipeg Jets signed card from Bobby Hull when he first arrived in 1972-73 I believe... he was quite happy to sign it and I was ecstatic he did...Bobby Hull was one of my favorites along with Vachon,Dionne,Widing,Goring,,,,Kozak,MMUrphy,TWilliams...Sargent...sorry went off on a tangent

Reactions: fivehole32

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I have some of my own cards I'd like to part with as well for a fair price...have a Dionne rookie signed and Gretzky rookie amongst others...have a slew of other Rookie cards too and complete(4-5)O-pee chee sets from 1989-90 Flames Stanley Cup...have a Winnipeg Jets signed card from Bobby Hull when he first arrived in 1972-73 I believe... he was quite happy to sign it and I was ecstatic he did...Bobby Hull was one of my favorites along with Vachon,Dionne,Widing,Goring,,,,Kozak,MMUrphy,TWilliams...Sargent...sorry went off on a tangent
Your list makes me want to reverse my decision and buy yours :laugh: There’s some good stuff there.

I have a signed Gretzky and a signed Lemieux card, which I wasn’t going to give up anyway, but yours are pretty cool. It was hard to get those sorts of cards in the UK when I was collecting.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
It's my jam! Plenty of graded cards, sets and unopened stuff from the pre 90's.

Working on completing the 1971 OPC set.

Attachments

• IMG_2597.JPG
    IMG_2597.JPG
    710.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    456 KB · Views: 7

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
i have a nice Kings set, a limited edition in French… really thick, heavy cards. They’re in storage at the moment so can’t give full details but they are from Blake’s first stint. They are mint condition though. So they might be of interest. I’ll be able to get them at the end of the month.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I've been dabbling in getting graded versions of my favorite Wayne Gretzky cards from my youth, and have also dipped into buying some of my holy grails (Gretzky rookie, signed authentic Gretzky CCM jersey with the double CCM patches, signed Gretzky Easton game-issued stick).

Anyone know of a good place to get signed jerseys framed?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
CollX app is fund for cards but also a little depressing. Have a Lemieux card that Beckett valued at over $80 as a kid. It's worth $10 according the app today

Reactions: mysterman2

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
It's my jam! Plenty of graded cards, sets and unopened stuff from the pre 90's.

Working on completing the 1971 OPC set.
Love the 1971 OPC set Colours they just stood out from most of the other years until others started to make them like Upper Deck those cards will last a Million years

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Have a Gretzky Rookie I want to get graded as it is in nice shape but unfortunately Topps.

Have a ton of sets and cards from the early 90’s and late 80’s.

Basically collecting graded Gretzky cards and album stickers at this time.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Have a Gretzky Rookie I want to get graded as it is in nice shape but unfortunately Topps.

Have a ton of sets and cards from the early 90’s and late 80’s.

Basically collecting graded Gretzky cards and album stickers at this time.
Topps or OPC, get the Gretzky graded, my friend. Well worth it.

What cards are you missing from the Opee Chee set?

Got about 20 left I still have to acquire, including the LaFleur RC and Checklist No. 111. Both can be quite pricey. Building the set with PSA and raw cards.

Reactions: funky

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
For the hardcore collectors here, you know how hard it is to find these Days with the Cup cards..

Was basically the last card I needed for my collection.

s-l500.png

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
imagine owning a kyle clifford trading card looooooooool. Limited edition Jeff Giuliano card I can understand.

• Wow
Reactions: Lt Dan

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I was into card collecting as a kid. Used to get Beckett magazine and everything. There'd be occasional card shows I would attend if I could get one of my parents to take me.

But my entire collection ended up getting stolen and I lost interest.

It seems like the entire hobby has really declined in terms of popularity over the years.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I was into card collecting as a kid. Used to get Beckett magazine and everything. There'd be occasional card shows I would attend if I could get one of my parents to take me.

But my entire collection ended up getting stolen and I lost interest.

It seems like the entire hobby has really declined in terms of popularity over the years.

That sucks that your collection was stolen. Sorry to hear.

Don't think the hobby has declined personally. I attend card shows here and there in the GTA and it's always very busy with plenty of vendors and people in attendance.

Will say that the market is saturated with way too many brands and types of cards I can't even bother to follow. The prices for some of these boxes/sets are nutty.

I'm old school, so I have stuck to what I collected growing up which was pre 90's cards, specifically OPC hockey. Also brings back nostalgia/memories from when my dad used to take me to the corner store after going for an outdoor skate and buy me a few 25 cent packs. Good old days.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
CollX app is fund for cards but also a little depressing. Have a Lemieux card that Beckett valued at over $80 as a kid. It's worth $10 according the app today

the raw cards are all undervalued on Collx- but when check the graded prices makes a huge difference. Im in the same boat wanting to move some cards from my collection. In a somewhat daunting task.

Went to the local shop the other day.....packs these days are all selling for well over $10.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I had one of the biggest hockey card collections on the West Coast but I sold off a couple hundred grand worth of it. I still have the biggest Drew Doughty collection in the world I believe, as many of the other ones have broken up since I have one of the grails and I wouldn’t give it up. Still have a few cards that would be newsworthy.

Main thing other than my Kings cards in my PC, all of my major cards were from pack pulls including 4, 5 and possibly a six-digit pull, I’m considering sending in to Heritage.

Reactions: Statto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad