Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Updated Capwages a good replacement for CapFriendly. https://capwages.com/

• Close by no cigar

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • It will do until something better

Votes: 31 55.4%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
This.

We would get much more for Robertson as an RFA coming off a 25 goal season. I believe we have to think about all of our players as assets to a sustained run of contending over the next four years.

When making the final selections for our roster over the next week or so, we will consider:

PLAYERS WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON WAIVERS:

Holmberg
Robertson

PLAYERS WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON WAIVERS AND SHOULD TRADE FOR SOMETHING, EVEN IF ONLY A MINIMAL RETURN:

Kampf
Jarnkrok
Timmons
Murray

PLAYERS WE CAN WAIVE WITHOUT TOO MUCH DAMAGE EVEN IF WE LOSE THEM:

Reaves
Timmons
Murray

I realize that Timmons and Murray are in both, they are bubble here and we could lose them for nothing without too much regret

PLAYERS ON IR TO START RHE SEASON

Dewar
Hakanpaa
Jarnkrok (possibly)

PLAYERS WE CAN SEND DOWN

Minten
Grebenkin
Cowan (obviously not to the Marlies)

I could see an opening lineup like this.

Knies Matthews Domi
Robertson Nylander Marner
Pacioretty Tavares McMann
Lorentz Holmberg Cowan
Reaves

Dewar (IR)

Reilly Tanev
OEL Liljegren
McCabe Benoit
Timmons

Hakanpaa (IR)

Woll
Stolarz
Murray

We trade Jarnkrok and Kampf, demote Minten and Grebenkin. We could keep Jarnkrok and waive Reaves also. We could also flip Cowan and McMann.

Once the season starts and injuries hit we can shuffle as necessary. It's a solid lineup to start the season and we don't lose any assets of value. We could even recoup a few picks and get some cap space to accrue.
Post of the year right here, I agree 100% with literally everything in this post, including your line combinations up front and on D.

That line of Nylander at C with Marner and Robertson on his wings could be absolutely ridiculous if it clicks

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This.

We would get much more for Robertson as an RFA coming off a 25 goal season. I believe we have to think about all of our players as assets to a sustained run of contending over the next four years.

When making the final selections for our roster over the next week or so, we will consider:

Holmberg
Robertson

PLAYERS WE DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON WAIVERS AND SHOULD TRADE FOR SOMETHING, EVEN IF ONLY A MINIMAL RETURN:

Kampf
Jarnkrok
Timmons
Murray

Reaves
Timmons
Murray

I realize that Timmons and Murray are in both, they are bubble here and we could lose them for nothing without too much regret

Dewar
Hakanpaa
Jarnkrok (possibly)

PLAYERS WE CAN SEND DOWN

Minten
Grebenkin

Knies Matthews Domi
Lorentz Holmberg Cowan
Reaves

Dewar (IR)

Reilly Tanev
OEL Liljegren
McCabe Benoit
Timmons

Hakanpaa (IR)

Woll
Stolarz
Murray

We trade Jarnkrok and Kampf, demote Minten and Grebenkin. We could keep Jarnkrok and waive Reaves also. We could also flip Cowan and McMann.

Once the season starts and injuries hit we can shuffle as necessary. It's a solid lineup to start the season and we don't lose any assets of value. We could even recoup a few picks and get some cap space to accrue.

Note... it's Timmin's... not Timmons.

Cowan isn't ready for the NHL.... I think he goes back right away, and you might see Jarnkrok in that spot. Kampf I can see being moved, I think Holmberg has probably shown enough, and once Dewar is back, he can play C as well. Maybe Jarnkrok is moved once Dewar is off LTIR, depending on how the other guys play continues into the season.

Kampf I don't think will be hard to move. C's are always needed.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
This.

Holmberg
Robertson

Kampf
Jarnkrok
Timmons
Murray

Reaves
Timmons
Murray

Dewar
Hakanpaa
Jarnkrok (possibly)

PLAYERS WE CAN SEND DOWN

Minten
Grebenkin

Knies Matthews Domi
Lorentz Holmberg Cowan
Reaves

Dewar (IR)

Reilly Tanev
OEL Liljegren
McCabe Benoit
Timmons

Hakanpaa (IR)

Woll
Stolarz
Murray

I'm hoping we see Marner and Nylander tried together. Have they ever played much together without Matthews?

So if they trade Kampf and Jarnkrok they have enough cap for an extra forward (Reaves) and dman (Timmins)?

The lineup you have posted looks great.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Too many people have a skewed view of what 3rd liners are supposed to produce.

Colorado won the Cup with TJ Compher scoring 27 even strength points in 71 games as their 3rd line C. Vegan had Eichel, Karlsson, and Stephenson, but they often played wing with each other, so Nicolas Roy was their equivalent 3rd C and they won with him scoring 23 even strength points, Florida just won with Anton Lundell scoring 29 even strength points.

Teams seems to win Cups with 25-30 even strength point 3Cs.
Looks more like 30+ esp and Kampf was at 19 last year. I would definitely say that Karlsson was VGK's 3C too, with Roy spotting onto the third line moreso than the top 3 playing together. Lundell and Compher were both on a 30pt ESP pace and that seems to be the low-end for cup winning 3C. Asking Kampf to double his ESP seems like a big ask to me

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad