Is Nicklas Backstrom a hall of famer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What do you think?

• Total voters

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
So being 'famous' enough should get you in while stats shouldn't?
What a truly terrible and strange argument to make.

I mean, not just fame of any kind. But a player who actually accomplished more, and had bigger stories should get in ahead of just a similar stat accumulator.

The hall of fame is a real place where people pay for a ticket and go in and look around. You can't have every display just be the guy's hockeydb stat page and nothing else. They need to have done something.

Willy O'Ree shouldn't be in the hall because of his on-ice stats. But a look at what his games meant gets him in. The Sedin twins are guys whose numbers put them on the bubble, but the fact that they were identical twins playing on the same team for their whole careers makes them interesting. Phil Kessel probably doesn't make it based on career point totals. But the fact that he beat cancer and then went on to the league's greatest ironman streak would make a moving display in the Hall, and I hope he gets in.

By "fame" I mean interesting stories and accomplishments. That should count.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad