• I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Are you actually not sure why?
Wanting to play him at 2C probably means he thinks he's a good player, but the awful trade returns would mean he thinks he's really bad.

The only thing that seems to make sense is if he's trying to show that Mitch is a really good player but a trade would suck, so we should keep him.

Hmmm. He only joined hf two weeks ago.

What's your take?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
How do people feel about Gustav Lindstrom? Plus 12 on the ducks last year. 6'2 RHD.

Just going through the remaining UFA's and trying to get a take on him.

On the plus side, he was +12 for a Ducks team that wasn't very good (by far the best stretch of his career).

But the puzzling thing is he was waived by Montreal and then not tendered an offer by the Ducks. He also turns 26 early in the season.

Is there a team that takes a shot or is he more likely to sign an AHL deal or head to Europe?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Wanting to play him at 2C probably means he thinks he's a good player, but the awful trade returns would mean he thinks he's really bad.

The only thing that seems to make sense is if he's trying to show that Mitch is a really good player but a trade would suck, so we should keep him.

Hmmm. He only joined hf two weeks ago.

What's your take?
I read that as you’re not sure why the leafs would explore a trade. My bad.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
While that may not be his game, he’s not a top 6 player on this team so he either needs to bring other elements or he’s going to sit some nights when the coach thinks he needs a different look. That’s on him more than anyone else.
This suggests it's on the team to move him somewhere he can be used, in return for something the Leafs can use.

Robo honored and completed his playing contract and now wants to play somewhere else to put himself in a better position to develop and earn.

I have no qualms with telling him to stop being a little punk, but it's prudent to recognize that it won't do any good. Sandin got 23M, Lily got 6M, and that's the game being played.

It's also possible they're all in a good place now and Berube is going to give him an opportunity that works for him.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
To Toronto-
Thomas Harley
Sam Steel

To Dallas-
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Nick Abruzzese
1st Round Pick

To Toronto:
Rasmus Andersson

To Calgary:
Nic Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Nick Abruzzese
Conditional 1st. round pick, changes to 2nd. rounder if Andersson doesn't play in 2nd. round of playoffs.

Would either of you make these deals if you were the other team?

Especially dallas..

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Especially dallas..
Dallas deal, you can throw out Steel and Abruzzese ... just filler neither add value.

Dallas:
Liljegren
Robertson
1st. round pick

Toronto:
Harley - 1 year looks good. 1 year ...

Calgary is rebuilding, and Andersson will be UFA 2026.
I don't think he is part of their future.

Reactions: arso40

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Dallas deal, you can throw out Steel and Abruzzese ... just filler neither add value.

Dallas:
Liljegren
Robertson
1st. round pick

Toronto:

I think Anderson would ge a good target . They’ve committed to Weegar as “ their guy “ .

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
This suggests it's on the team to move him somewhere he can be used, in return for something the Leafs can use.

Robo honored and completed his playing contract and now wants to play somewhere else to put himself in a better position to develop and earn.

I have no qualms with telling him to stop being a little punk, but it's prudent to recognize that it won't do any good. Sandin got 23M, Lily got 6M, and that's the game being played.

It's also possible they're all in a good place now and Berube is going to give him an opportunity that works for him.
In all respect to nick
All he does is score. Whenever he is in he gets points. He averages 11 minutes a night and gets in every three or four games.
How is he supposed to developecsvdefensivecgame if he doesn’t play.
Mcdavid and draisitel aren’t known for their defensive games and all they do is get points.
And no to all you brain dead posters who are going to shout that I’m comparing nick to them i’M NOT

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
In all respect to nick
All he does is score. Whenever he is in he gets points. He averages 11 minutes a night and gets in every three or four games.
How is he supposed to developecsvdefensivecgame if he doesn’t play.
Mcdavid and draisitel aren’t known for their defensive games and all they do is get points.
And no to all you brain dead posters who are going to shout that I’m comparing nick to them i’M NOT

A new coach.

It more sounds like he just wants to be moved, and it has nothing to do with playing time or opportunities.

He just pooped all over the clean slate he was given.

Really, it is nothing personal, he's just an asset with some value.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

Especially dallas..

Really? Given where Calgary is at (a long way from being competitive again) Andersson for Robertson, Liljegren, Abruseze and a high pick is not a bad deal at all.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That’s what I’m thinking, although the end game of teaming up with your brother somewhere is usually just temporary anyway, so it isn’t the strongest career play.
Someone tell the nylanders this…….

He might be fine on the second line, but I don't understand assuming it. Third line maybe, but let's start with earn a spot in preseason.

For every Dennis Hull there are many Brent Gretzkys.
If Style’s little brother makes the Leafs their in worse shape then we think……..

Reactions: notdoneyet

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Dallas:
Liljegren
Robertson
1st. round pick

Toronto:

Really? Given where Calgary is at (a long way from being competitive again) Andersson for Robertson, Liljegren, Abruseze and a high pick is not a bad deal at all.

So i guess yes then?

I guess in dallas one case i just dont see the appeal of stuff for a a dman that is looking like an all around high minute all situation player

The calgary one.. outside of being confident other teams would pony up more i would believe they would rather get one good piece and fluff versus again.. some collection of stuff

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

If I were offloading Andersson I’d look for younger prospects than those Leafs guys. Liljegren is a 2017 draft pick whereas Andersson is a 2015.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020

Dallas:
Liljegren
Robertson
1st. round pick

Toronto:

I would love that deal from Toronto’s perspective but it’s awful from Dallas’.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
That gets beat out by a half dozen offers at minimum.

At one point this summer posters were unsure if Liljegren would even get a QO. Robertson requested a trade and until this season had next to no value. And the 1st isn’t even this year’s.

Yes that’s bad for a top pair RHD with an added year of term and only 27.

Reactions: hamzarocks

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So i guess yes then?

I guess in dallas one case i just dont see the appeal of stuff for a a dman that is looking like an all around high minute all situation player

The calgary one.. outside of being confident other teams would pony up more i would believe they would rather get one good piece and fluff versus again.. some collection of stuff
Yeah, the Dallas one is hmmm do I or don't I?

Is Harley a potential 1st. pairing defender full time going forward? He's really only played 1.5 seasons. Could be one of the Leafs deals, where you regret later ...

I don't know enough about him to say he's worth two first round picks and a middle six forward?

He's been playing on a pretty stacked blueline with Oettinger behind him?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That gets beat out by a half dozen offers at minimum.

At one point this summer posters were unsure if Liljegren would even get a QO. Robertson requested a trade and until this season had next to no value. And the 1st isn’t even this year’s.

Yes that’s bad for a top pair RHD with an added year of term and only 27.

I don't put much stock in posters evaluations of targets.

Put a target on a player and the lemmings are on the move.

People want marner traded for Cap Space, that's all we need to know about taking poster's evaluations.

Andersson is worth quite a bit, but the offer is quite a bit. Young defender, young middle six forward and a 1st. round pick. And Andersson isn't going to be around when the Flames turn into a playoffs team.

If a team offers up 3 first round picks take it.

Reactions: arso40

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Yeah, the Dallas one is hmmm do I or don't I?

Is Harley a potential 1st. pairing defender full time going forward? He's really only played 1.5 seasons. Could be one of the Leafs deals, where you regret later ...

I don't know enough about him to say he's worth two first round picks and a middle six forward?

He's been playing on a pretty stacked blueline with Oettinger behind him?
He plays like pietrangelo does
His potential is definitely a game pacing dman

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
He plays like pietrangelo does
His potential is definitely a game pacing dman

Yeah, his stats look good, but it isn't like the offer is Robertson and a prospect.

If someone had made a similar offer for Rielly when he played a full NHL season as a 19 year old people would likely have thought, 1st. pairing defender for 1st.. round pick, middle six, and middle pairing defender ... no way! And here we are a decade later looking for the 1st. pairing defender.

Anyway, I think Robertson to play with his brother was the launch for the discussion. Many are higher on Robertson than I am. And yet, he scores when given the opportunity? Maybe we're just not seeing it with Robertson?

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Realistically how often does the reuniting the brothers actually work out long term other than the Sedins?

Schenn bros
Benn bros
Kosistyns (can't spell it, but Andre and sergei)
Staals were legit
Hamilton
Has JVR and TVR ever been united? If so it was probably mid as hell

With Willy and Robertson, it just feels like one of them is sick the and the other is just a guy

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Alex nylander will amount to nothing and will just be a Marlies player
How I see it as well, he’ll get into some games for the Leafs due to injuries but I doubt he’ll come into camp and steal a permanent job.

Reactions: OVO16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad