Random Car Chat

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Not at all.
Thanks. I just hate being a pain.

Im looking online for the whole kit and its driving be bonkers! Find a good deal for an 01 Tahoe only to find out its for 5 lugs, not 6. This should be simple but its not. Might just call my guy and see what he can come up with

Reactions: TD Charlie

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Thanks. I just hate being a pain.

Im looking online for the whole kit and its driving be bonkers! Find a good deal for an 01 Tahoe only to find out its for 5 lugs, not 6. This should be simple but its not. Might just call my guy and see what he can come up with
I get parts on Amazon or rock auto.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Hopefully fixed my dads Ranger today. Battery would die after 5-7 days of sitting. It had some aftermarket rust protection gadget hooked up to the battery, likely causing enough parasitic draw. I just snipped the fk'n thing off. Couldnt be bothered unbolting the battery terminals :) lol

Reactions: TheAngryHank

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Well I couldnt make this shit up if I tried. Was on my way to Home Depot (about 5kms) to pick up lumber for my privacy fence. Was just pulling into the plaza and my brake pedal went flat! Scared the shit outta me.

So I made it to Depot and parked to access the situation. Clearly leaking at the rear around the diff area. OF ALL THE DAYS TO NOT HAVE MY TRUCK BOX! I had just taken it out 30 minutes prior to make room. It had brake fluid in it.

So i debated and thought if i just had some fluid it might get me home. So looking around there was no gas station or anything automotive. Then I remembered theres a Walmart on the very far side of the plaza.

So I had a plan. I got my lumber and lol was it ever full. 10 4x4x8 posts, 64 1x6x6 fence boards and 4 1x4x8 trim pieces. I thought to myself "this might be heavy with no brakes".

Limped over to Walmart and got fluid. Went to fill it up and it showed full still. f*** now what?

Stupid me decided to drive home anyways full well knowing there was a giant downhill with my turn at the bottom. I just drove slow and left lots of space. Magically I made every light and when it came to the hill I just geared down to 2nd stood on the brake and shifted to 1st for my turn.

Made it home safe n sound. Definitely one of the dumber things ive done but boy was that a good beer when I sat down :p

Reactions: Jovavic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad