Votes: 26 54.2%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

HomelessPepper

Jul 1, 2019
Is robertson planning to sit out and sign in Europe?

Its August? He has half a year sample size of NHL production. New coach so new opportunity and we have holes 2LW and 3LW but hes not looking like he wants to compete for it

I doubt he signs after training camp so wonder if he will sign in the KHL or SHL for a year in October.

Treliving doesnt look like hes shopping him either which doesnt make sense tbh.
Had Keefe been back, I'd understand it, Keefe has kind of screwed him over. But with a new coach, you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot at this point.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Might be less about the spotlight and just seeing Sandin in the same position a couple years ago, doing what Sandin did, and hoping he too signs a 20 something million dollar contract a few months down the road.

Sandin was quite the entitled young guy at the time too. He had his little pop after the trade in Washington but was pretty mediocre this season.

Reactions: rumman and TMLAM34

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
i'd be interested in a Vrana PTO. No commitment. Play a few pre-season games. Show us what you've got left (especially if Robertson decides to sit out).

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Sandin was quite the entitled young guy at the time too. He had his little pop after the trade in Washington but was pretty mediocre this season.
Pretty mediocre AND signed to big deal with term. We were very shrewd to turn him into Cowan while replacing him with Gustafsson that playoff run.

If Sandin were making that money on this Leafs team it would be pretty crippling. He is making more OEL and Benoit combined.

I think there is a chance that Liljegren is better (and a RD) than Sandin THIS year.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Sure, but Robo likely sees this as a 23M dollar decision, so polish and perceived entitlement sort of take a back seat.

I don't know why the Caps did what they did, but they just did it, and Sandin probably has no regrets. Makes it difficult to tell Robo to behave with a straight face.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Sandin certainly wasn’t and Robertson doesn’t seem to be either interested in actually earning their role. Pretty frustrating from a fan perspective.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Sandin certainly wasn’t and Robertson doesn’t seem to be either interested in actually earning their role. Pretty frustrating from a fan perspective.
The difference is that Sandin occasionally got to play top pair minutes (due to injury) and actually fared pretty well during those stints. We never really gave it a chance to ride when other guys got healthy so I could see why he'd want more of an opportunity.

Robertson has never really had that type of opportunity with our big guys to boost his trade value. I can see why he would be pissed getting benched for a guy like Gregor after scoring a goal during the regular season, but he needs to keep pushing and doing well to show teams he'd be worth trading a decent asset for and sliding into the top 6.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The difference is that Sandin occasionally got to play top pair minutes (due to injury) and actually fared pretty well during those stints. We never really gave it a chance to ride when other guys got healthy so I could see why he'd want more of an opportunity.

Robertson has never really had that type of opportunity with our big guys to boost his trade value. I can see why he would be pissed getting benched for a guy like Gregor after scoring a goal during the regular season, but he needs to keep pushing and doing well to show teams he'd be worth trading a decent asset for and sliding into the top 6.

I don’t agree with pulling Robertson on several of the ocassions he was either but at the end of the day Robertson plays bottom 6, has not made himself indispensable and doesn’t do most of the things other bottom 6 role players do.

While that may not be his game, he’s not a top 6 player on this team so he either needs to bring other elements or he’s going to sit some nights when the coach thinks he needs a different look. That’s on him more than anyone else.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Thomas Harley
Sam Steel

To Dallas-
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
Nick Abruzzese
1st Round Pick

• Haha
Reactions: andora

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Marner to Winnipeg for McGroarty & Ehlers

Leafs save a little more than 5 million from the transaction.

Jarncrock & Kampf traded another 4.5 million saved

Leafs would have the cap space, prospects, player ie Robertson & or picks to upgrade the roster.

Ehlers Matthews Knies
A. Nylander Domi W. Nylander
Robertson Tavares Cowan
McMann Holmberg McGroarty

Reaves, Dewar

Reilly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Liljegren
Timmins

Woll Stolarz
Why would Winnipeg trade a 14th overall pick who hasn't played an NHL game, for an overpriced player who almost certainly won't re-sign there?

Why would Marner waive to go to Winnipeg?

Reactions: supermann_98

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Why is everyone so horny to pencil in Alex nylander into our top 6. He is an ahl calibre player.

My god this fan base is something else.
Some dough head gets waived and our fan base
Is like we should claim him . He would look good in our top six.,
No wonder we lose every year
He might be fine on the second line, but I don't understand assuming it. Third line maybe, but let's start with earn a spot in preseason.

For every Dennis Hull there are many Brent Gretzkys.

Reactions: Sypher04

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So ignoring the fact it's unlikely Marner would waive for CBJ...you've basically traded him for an absolute garbage return.
From what I've seen, leaffann wants to either use Marner at 2C (where he hasn't played since junior many years ago), or trade him for very little return.

I'm not sure why, as neither makes much sense.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I would still like to look at Alex Nylander’s production even closer. Does anyone know if any websites can give me linemates game by game.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
From what I've seen, leaffann wants to either use Marner at 2C (where he hasn't played since junior many years ago), or trade him for very little return.

I'm not sure why, as neither makes much sense.
There are a lot of enthusiastic and creative suggestions and proposals coming from him daily. I don't spend too much time assessing their "substance". I don't know if he is new here, but it feels like he still needs to figure out how to contribute on HF Boards.

Not every idea needs a new thread for example and maybe explain the wild ideas a bit more, etc.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I would still like to look at Alex Nylander’s production even closer. Does anyone know if any websites can give me linemates game by game.

Go to Dobber Frozen Tools.

Click on Game Logs and scroll down to 2023-2024 Regular Season Games. Click on the game you want to check out and scroll down to Raw Line Combinations, and right underneath that is Shifts - Forwards.

Screenshot_20240806_171926_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20240806_172239_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20240806_172229_Brave.jpgScreenshot_20240806_172348_Brave.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad