Votes: 26 54.2%
  • I like https://www.spotrac.com/nhl

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm dropping another

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

leaffann

Jun 23, 2024
Taylor Hall & Seth Jones to Toronto for Liljegren 3, Niemela ELC, Robertson RFA, Hirvonen ELC, Jarncrock 2.1 , Kampf 2.4, Steeves RFA & a 1st & 2nd Rd pick in 2026. With Chicago eating 33 % of Jones 9.5 million dollar contract & 50 % of Halls 6 million dollar contract.

Marner 10.9 ( sign & trade 8 yrs x 12 million) to Buffalo for Byram 3.85 & a 2nd Rd pick in 2025 & 2026.

* Leafs would have approx. 6 million in remaining cap space.

Hall Matthews Cowan
A. Nylander Domi W. Nylander
McMann Tavares Knies
Dewar Holmberg Reaves

Reilly Jones
Byram OEL
McCabe Tanev
Benoit

Woll Stolarz

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Taylor Hall & Seth Jones to Toronto for Liljegren 3, Niemela ELC, Robertson RFA, Hirvonen ELC, Jarncrock 2.1 , Kampf 2.4, Steeves RFA & a 1st & 2nd Rd pick in 2026. With Chicago eating 33 % of Jones 9.5 million dollar contract & 50 % of Halls 6 million dollar contract.

Marner 10.9 ( sign & trade 8 yrs x 12 million) to Buffalo for Byram 3.85 & a 2nd Rd pick in 2025 & 2026.

* Leafs would have approx. 6 million in remaining cap space.

Hall Matthews Cowan
A. Nylander Domi W. Nylander
McMann Tavares Knies
Dewar Holmberg Reaves

Reilly Jones
Byram OEL
McCabe Tanev
Benoit

Woll Stolarz
I think I'll add you to my ignore list.

Good bye.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This is rich coming from you.
1722880345720.jpeg

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Can someone post the “we’ve reached pure Pejorative Slurium” image here. Thanks.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Anthony Stolarz in that recent interview with Leafs morning take had some interesting insight that maybe had a slip on Stolarz' part?

He said he knows Marner and Domi from his time in London.

He also knows CURRENT Leafs Benoit, Mermis and HAKANPAA.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Anthony Stolarz in that recent interview with Leafs morning take had some interesting insight that maybe had a slip on Stolarz' part?

Domi and Marner traded e4

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007

Hoping Hakanpaa is ours…

The way I see it is the league is probably trying to see if the leafs are circumventing the cap. Hakanpaa should be making 3m per season (roughly).BUT he is currently injured and most likely will be unable to play for the majority of the season. I wonder if the leafs are trying to get a jump on him and guarantee they may have him available come playoff time. If they tried to sign him as a UFA during the season would he not have to pass through waivers?

This way Hakanpaa gets his 3 mil but it gets spread over 2 years and he doesn’t have to play the majority of this upcoming year and can recouperate. By him agreeing to a low salary (1.5m) he has at least some assurance of a pay cheque and the leafs can put him on the LTIR and not tie up too much space if he is infact not ready to play at the start of the season.

Salary cap gymnastics IMO.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hoping Hakanpaa is ours…

The way I see it is the league is probably trying to see if the leafs are circumventing the cap. Hakanpaa should be making 3m per season (roughly).BUT he is currently injured and most likely will be unable to play for the majority of the season. I wonder if the leafs are trying to get a jump on him and guarantee they may have him available come playoff time. If they tried to sign him as a UFA during the season would he not have to pass through waivers?

This way Hakanpaa gets his 3 mil but it gets spread over 2 years and he doesn’t have to play the majority of this upcoming year and can recouperate. By him agreeing to a low salary (1.5m) he has at least some assurance of a pay cheque and the leafs can put him on the LTIR and not tie up too much space if he is infact not ready to play at the start of the season.

I didn't think Hakanpaa was going to pull 3M to be honest, I was figuring 1.5-2.25M as a fair price for him coming off an injury and his age.

Kylington just got 1.05M

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Hoping Hakanpaa is ours…

He would only need to pass through waivers if he was playing in an European league or if they wanted to send him down after signing him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Is robertson planning to sit out and sign in Europe?

Its August? He has half a year sample size of NHL production. New coach so new opportunity and we have holes 2LW and 3LW but hes not looking like he wants to compete for it

I doubt he signs after training camp so wonder if he will sign in the KHL or SHL for a year in October.

Treliving doesnt look like hes shopping him either which doesnt make sense tbh.

Sep 18, 2009

Its August? He has half a year sample size of NHL production. New coach so new opportunity and we have holes 2LW and 3LW but hes not looking like he wants to compete for it

I doubt he signs after training camp so wonder if he will sign in the KHL or SHL for a year in October.

Robertson is a meere pawn in the game of chess

Reactions: hamzarocks

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Still what 6 weeks until camp?
2 months to season start?

If he is happier away from the spotlight in Toronto I'm sure they can move him.

New coach and he comes out and says he isn't confident enough to fight for a spot.

:dunno:

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Doug Gilmour, Jamie Macoun, Kent Manderville, Ric Nattress and Rick Wamsley to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Craig Berube, Alexander Godynyuk, Gary Leeman, Michel Petit and Jeff Reese

:laugh:

What an absolute fleecing. I had forgotten Berube was part of the trade for Gilmour.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I think the Leafs can afford to let him sit out more than Robertson can afford to sit out.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Still what 6 weeks until camp?
2 months to season start?

If he is happier away from the spotlight in Toronto I'm sure they can move him.

New coach and he comes out and says he isn't confident enough to fight for a spot.

:dunno:
Might be less about the spotlight and just seeing Sandin in the same position a couple years ago, doing what Sandin did, and hoping he too signs a 20 something million dollar contract a few months down the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00