Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I hope they're right. However, these are the same doctors who gave the okay to Klingberg, too, right?

I do hope he's fit, and it's not out of embarrassment for signing him and not doing their research on him.

Reactions: LeafSteel

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I hope they're right. However, these are the same doctors who gave the okay to Klingberg, too, right?

I do hope he's fit, and it's not out of embarrassment for signing him and not doing their research on him.
great point, but, i dont think the signing is official yet.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Tanev cannot turn into Brodie ...Brodie was all about his skating ability and positioning, but, we was weak as a newborn.
Tanev on the other hand is more like Gio, he's just a great defender, and he uses his size and stick better too.
I think he'll play similar to Gio, but, hopefully not as long
Yeah I mean Brodie going off a cliff. Thought Tanev was the better choice 5 years ago but Dubas chose Brodie. Brodie was good, but Tanev is so much better.

Nice to see Boy Wonder’s lap dog is still by his side……..
As Bunkis said yesterday. Shanny and Dubas were a disaster as a couple and a shit show apart.

Reactions: rumman and Kurtz

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Would love to see Treliving go out and add some size and physical play down the middle (Colton) and then someone looking for a change in scenery with good offensive potential (Johnson).

I think we have the pieces needed to acquire both those players and it would definitely help solidify our top nine.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Johnson - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Colton - Nylander

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Klinberg s a injury he had like 8 years ago who came back... I don't know what a doctor could really do to predict it would come back after 3 regular season game...

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Alright guys, it's that time of the offseason. I asked Chat GPT to propose trades that involve Mitch Marner or John Tavares. Here's what it came up with:

Not going to lie, the AI was really cooking here. :laugh::laugh:

Trade Proposal: Mitch Marner​

Trade: Mitch Marner to the New York Rangers

Toronto Maple Leafs Receive:

• Alexis Lafrenière (LW): Talented young winger with high potential.
  • K'Andre Miller (D): Promising defenseman with strong skating and defensive skills.
  • First-round draft pick: Adds to Toronto's prospect pool.
New York Rangers Receive:

• Mitch Marner (RW): Elite playmaking winger to boost their top-six forward group.
Rationale: The Leafs acquire young talent in Lafrenière and Miller, along with a first-round pick, addressing future needs and adding depth on defense. The Rangers get a star winger in Marner to accelerate their competitive window.

Trade Proposal John Tavares​

Trade: John Tavares to the Edmonton Oilers

• Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (C/LW): Versatile forward who can play center or wing.
  • Evan Bouchard (D): Young defenseman with offensive upside and NHL experience.
  • Second-round draft pick: Additional draft asset.
Edmonton Oilers Receive:

• John Tavares (C): Established center to strengthen their top-six forward group.
Rationale: The Leafs acquire a skilled forward in Nugent-Hopkins who can provide depth at center or wing, along with a promising defenseman in Bouchard. The Oilers add Tavares to complement their star players like Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, aiming to solidify their offensive core.

Considerations:​

• Contract and Salary: Marner and Tavares have significant contracts, so any trade partner needs to have cap space or be able to make corresponding moves to accommodate their salaries.
  • Team Strategy: Toronto may look to balance immediate competitiveness with future prospects and draft picks in any trade involving these key players.
  • Long-term Planning: Both teams involved would need to consider their respective long-term goals and how these trades fit into their roster-building strategies.
These trade scenarios aim to balance the Maple Leafs' roster needs with potential returns that could enhance their competitiveness in both the short and long term.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Alright guys, it's that time of the offseason. I asked Chat GPT to propose trades that involve Mitch Marner or John Tavares. Here's what it came up with:

• K'Andre Miller (D): Promising defenseman with strong skating and defensive skills.

• Mitch Marner (RW): Elite playmaking winger to boost their top-six forward group.
Rationale: The Leafs acquire young talent in Lafrenière and Miller, along with a first-round pick, addressing future needs and adding depth on defense. The Rangers get a star winger in Marner to accelerate their competitive window.

Edmonton Oilers Receive:

• John Tavares (C): Established center to strengthen their top-six forward group.
Rationale: The Leafs acquire a skilled forward in Nugent-Hopkins who can provide depth at center or wing, along with a promising defenseman in Bouchard. The Oilers add Tavares to complement their star players like Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, aiming to solidify their offensive core.

• Contract and Salary: Marner and Tavares have significant contracts, so any trade partner needs to have cap space or be able to make corresponding moves to accommodate their salaries.
  • Team Strategy: Toronto may look to balance immediate competitiveness with future prospects and draft picks in any trade involving these key players.
  • Long-term Planning: Both teams involved would need to consider their respective long-term goals and how these trades fit into their roster-building strategies.
These trade scenarios aim to balance the Maple Leafs' roster needs with potential returns that could enhance their competitiveness in both the short and long term.
Looks like AI has a long way to go....

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Would love to see Treliving go out and add some size and physical play down the middle (Colton) and then someone looking for a change in scenery with good offensive potential (Johnson).

I think we have the pieces needed to acquire both those players and it would definitely help solidify our top nine.

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Johnson - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Colton - Nylander

Kent Johnson?

I think Colton is already a reach with the assets we have, I don't think you can even remotely get close to get Johnson either.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I'm still hoping the guys can give Ondej Kase another look.

He'd be a solid addition to any third line if he's healthy! He was really effective for us the year he played but injuries follow him!

If he's healthy now like he says, he's a great addition to this lot.

• Haha
Reactions: WTFMAN99

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Since the centre market it thin, I’d be looking at giving Holmberg runway this season at 3C and give him some supporting wingers.

I think Holmberg could be a good PKer if given time. Would make a nice Jarnkrok replacement if they can move him

He's shown a lot of growth over the last few years. He's greasy, he's got some skill and he plays a smart game. He's a little vanilla and he isn't the fastest but he's solid all around. No reason he can't improve another step as well. He should be the favourite for the role unless Treliving can pull off a pretty good trade.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
He's shown a lot of growth over the last few years. He's greasy, he's got some skill and he plays a smart game. He's a little vanilla and he isn't the fastest but he's solid all around. No reason he can't improve another step as well. He should be the favourite for the role unless Treliving can pull off a pretty good trade.
There is a player though, no doubt. I do like him better at LW, but given our center depth, I would like to give him a chance. With some skilled linemates, it would be interesting to see how he looks. He needs to improve his shot though.

I wonder is Tre looking at a player like Samuel Blais. Berube had him in St. Louis and is his type of player.
I would consider it, but we really need to move out some depth pieces. Have too many 13th forwards and 8th defencemens.

Reactions: SprDaVE

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

He’s 25.. this is a big season for his to establish himself, and is also a pending RFA.

Need to see more offensive growth or because a PITA defensively

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

Edmonton Oilers Receive:

Here's what ChatGPT churned out for me. Iaffallo isn't even on the Kings anymore. :laugh:

TRADE2.jpg

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad