Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Bertuzzi is a big loss. He did so well in the playoffs too. I'm hoping OEL will help our power play, thus giving more offense. Also hoping that a lower usage Rielly (no more PP), he'll play better 5 on 5 and will help drive offense better as well.

We still need a 3C. I'm hoping we can swing a trade for Colton/Pinto/Tomasino. We'll see.

I think Cowan and Grebyonkin will make the team as well. Cowan straight out of camp, Grebyonkin might spend some time in the AHL first to get use to the North American game.
are you a Boston fan, because all he did in the playoffs was screw over our chance to actually win the series!!
I for one am glad Bertuzzi is gone!

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I’m not against keeping Kampf if the cap allows it, I can see CB getting the best out of him. Obviously if we need to clear cap space for a bigger move, I wouldn’t hesitate in moving him even for future considerations.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
are you a Boston fan, because all he did in the playoffs was screw over our chance to actually win the series!!
I for one am glad Bertuzzi is gone!
I liked how he battled with Marchand. Marchand seemed less effective in the series. If we play Boston again, not sure who's going to play that role.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
With Ottawa getting rid of Joseph and clearing up cap space, I’m sure they’ll get something done with Pinto in the near future.

So back to Colton… Robertson + Timmins for Colton. Get it done!

Reactions: OVO16

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I liked how he battled with Marchand. Marchand seemed less effective in the series. If we play Boston again, not sure who's going to play that role.
had he left Marchand alone and not taken all his bad penalties, we may not have gone down 3-1 and then in game 7 he cost us the series with his lazy/bad line change

Reactions: bax and Evilhomer

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Some real bargains today.

Desperate players taking minimum deals.

Penguins got Aho for 2 years at minimum?
Might be bottom pairing but he's played for Islanders for years.
I don't quite understand most teams blowing all their capspace immediately. There are always bargain deals.

Roslovic seems to be still available.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Couple of trades I'd like to see the Leafs complete.

To Toronto-
Ross Colton

To Colorado-
Fraser Minten
Calle Jarnkrok

To Toronto-
Alexey Toropchenko

To St.Louis-
Nick Robertson
David Kampf

Sign Tarasenko 3yrs x 3 million

Waive Reaves
Trade Timmons for future pick

Tarasenko-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
McMann-Colton-Nylander
Toropchenko-Holmberg-Dewar

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe
Benoit-Liljegren
Hakanpaa

Woll
Stolarz

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Entwistle would be a solid cheap pickup. Good for the 4th line with Reaves coming in here and there.

Can’t seem to find anything regarding this signing though.

To Toronto-
Ross Colton

To Colorado-
Fraser Minten
Calle Jarnkrok

To Toronto-
Alexey Toropchenko

To St.Louis-
Nick Robertson
David Kampf

Waive Reaves

Tarasenko-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
McMann-Colton-Nylander

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe
Benoit-Liljegren
Hakanpaa

Woll
Stolarz
Jarnkrok AND Minten?! Not looking to move our best center prospect for a teams bottom six centre cap dump.

Reactions: KMNRB

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

To Toronto-
Ross Colton

To Colorado-
Fraser Minten
Calle Jarnkrok

To Toronto-
Alexey Toropchenko

To St.Louis-
Nick Robertson
David Kampf

Waive Reaves

Tarasenko-Matthews-Domi
Knies-Tavares-Marner
McMann-Colton-Nylander

Rielly-Tanev
OEL-McCabe
Benoit-Liljegren
Hakanpaa

Woll
Stolarz
Colton deal is bad ...Colton for them is a Dump, if we offered Kampf straight up they would likely jump at it.
Jarnkrok also has good value as he can play anyplace and is 'cheap' so, we can easily flip him for picks/prospect to almost any team.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I would give Colorado two options,

Jarnkrok for Colton

OR

Nick Robertson + Conor Timmins for Colton

I think either deal works for both sides.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Seeing tweets quoting Dreger that we were close on Skinner until the end.

Think we’re still not done with moves if Brad was willing to sign someone for $3M

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
I can't believe we're running it back again. Look how ruthless Tampa, Colorado, Vegas are, why are we so shy with our players, it's hasn't been helpful. Sad to see we might just sign DeWar, and maybe clear a depth players so we can add someone to the bottom 6 and then call it an offseason. Management is not trying hard enough to find answers. This is more of the same.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Could we be in in Tyler Johnson?

I'd be very surprised. He's small (5'8") and turns 34 years old this month. Tends to get injured a lot too. He's fast and works hard but not sure I see the fit for our needs. Could be ok on a league min kind of deal but that's about it. He does have 2 cup rings so could be a decent depth target.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad