Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Ottawa Senators president and general manager Steve Staios shut down a rumour Monday that centre Shane Pinto has requested trade.

Pinto is once again a restricted free agent this summer after going into the season unsigned last fall before he was handed a 41-game suspension for violating the NHL's gambling policy. He signed a one-year, $775,000 deal to resume playing as soon as the suspension ended, finishing the season with nine goals and 27 points in 41 games.

“I was made aware of something that was out there, that has been refuted now, but the negotiations continue to move on,” Staios said. “Sometimes these things take time, but Shane knows what we think of him, and we’ll continue to work at it.

“He didn’t ask for a trade.”

Bruce Garrioch of Postmedia reported last month the Boston Bruins asked about Pinto's availability as the two teams worked towards a Linus Ullmark trade, but were told he was not available. Garrioch now adds(opens in a new tab) that contract talks are currently at an impasse, with Pinto's agent looking for an offer sheet which the Senators would match.

The 23-year-old forward broke out in 2022-23, his first full season in the league, with 20 goals and 35 points in 82 games. He has 30 goals and 70 points in 140 career games with Ottawa.

The Franklin Square, NY native was selected 32nd overall by the Senators in the 2019 draft.

He didn't say it... He declared it.

Dreger mentioned Mason Shaw as a depth signing for the Leafs.

Pretty solid AAAA signing. Not a big guy but a good skating forechecker. I think he's pretty good on the PK as well.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Any potential Marner deal will involve money coming in/going out. 11m in cap space isn't much use to us now given the UFA crop has been picked clean.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I like Hedman, but the east will be a little weaker next year than it was this year. The Metro teams don’t scare anyone, Florida and Tampa don’t look like they’ll be contenders and the next wave, Det, Tor, Ott, Buff, Philly, is stuck in neutral.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think we're still short a forward

Either we force Robertson to play, we give a guy like Cowan or Grebyonkin a go or we bring in a guy like Roslovic whose a C/W and gives us some positional flexibility if Domi isn't going to play center
Give him the opportunity. If he wants a trade make him earn it. Either he plays well enough to keep a spot or he’s moved where he gets one by default.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Zero percent chance of that happening, don’t even think the league would allow that to happen. Would be a PR nightmare
it shouldnt be a PR nightmare... that whole case should have been thrown out based on the video evidence, the kids are getting their lives ruined.
I dont condone what they did, I think its just nasty, but, it certainly wasnt illegal.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
4x8 for JT next year!
My guess is JT will get 7 next year. Essentially becoming the “old” Nylander contract of the bunch while Willy makes 11.5.
Then pay Marner 12.5 - 13:

1719928859496.gif

Enjoy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad