Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Feels like we're gonna add one of Sprong, Kubalik, Olofsson, Labanc for close to league min.

Edit: I hope we somehow get Sprong or Roslovic

Last edited:
Reactions: aingefan

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Feels like we're gonna add one of Sprong, Kubalik, Olofsson, Labanc for close to league min.

Sprong is very underrated. I'd be very interested. I'd give him term if the cap hit stays relatively fairly low. The problem with him is that he's a right handed natural RW and we're more in the market for a LW unless Jarnkrok moves over to the left.

Labanc could be a 1 year league min tweener to stash on the Marlies maybe though. I would have loved Kubalik a few years ago but he has been on the struggle bus for awhile.

Reactions: aingefan

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Sprong is very underrated. I'd be very interested. I'd give him term if the cap hit stays relatively fairly low.

Labanc could be a 1 year league min tweener to stash on the Marlies maybe though. I would have loved Kubalik a few years ago but he has been on the struggle bus for awhile.

Olofsson has real upside on a cheap deal
He’s scored 20+ goals 3 times in the last 5 years including 28 just a year ago. I’d sign him

Minus last year, he’s basically a consistent 20-25 goal, 40-50 point player.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Anyways, I'd of liked Chychrun but suspect the Sens wouldn't want to trade him here.
Overrated player. If he were actually really good he'd have gotten more than what the Sens got for him from the Caps. Not a horrible player, but he's like Dumba where people believe him to be a better Dman than he really is.

Reactions: BM14

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Sprong is very underrated. I'd be very interested. I'd give him term if the cap hit stays relatively fairly low. The problem with him is that he's a right handed natural RW and we're more in the market for a LW unless Jarnkrok moves over to the left.

I seem to recall him playing LW a bit with the caps?

Reactions: SprDaVE

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Sprong is a good idea.

But trading for Colton is an idea I love. That’s precisely what we need. Gives us a legitimate 3C, and helps the lines fall into place.

Move off Kampf if we get him

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
so again
What do you want PELLEY to do?

If Pelley fired Shanahan today does Marner get traded Tomorrow? No.
if Pelley fired Treliving today does Tavares get traded last year. No.
I am being dead serious here. what did you expect Pelley to do today (or even like 3-4 weeks ago) that warranted you to say "F-Pelley"

When a good chunk of the players flat out state "we don't want to play in Canada." full stop. - again do you want Pelley to go "but we really want you play here, please change your mind?" if Treliving over the moon overpaid Roy or whomever for example. because Pelley said it was okay - would you have been happy or would you have said F Pelley for allowing the overpayment. so the "good players" who are being signed else where are not - not being signed here because we have no cap room - (i'm sure you are aware we can actually be 10% over the cap during the summer - unless they've changed that rule then my apologies). they Do Not. Want . To Sign. In Canada.

Like I'm sorry "NMC" or not they need to go. they have an NMC. so they can't go until they decide they want to. Did you want Pelley to put a gun to their head and say "waive it or i'll shoot?"

again. I'm not understanding how this man who has been 3 months on the job is getting all this "Eff You." as if he was the one who did all this. (and as en vouge as it is to rag on Dubas for signing everyone to everything - i will say the NMCs would not have been my Waterloo - it's not his fault COVID happened and the cap was stagment instead of raising up).

When a good chunk wants to play in the south and the other chunk doesn't want to play further than New York - you have a smaller ball of yarn to play with. so maybe instead of of people whinging how we didn't get Player X look at the players who DO want to play in Canada, and DO want to play in Toronto. and ask if we did well on that score. (I can't answer that question the only 2 people i know are OEL and Tanev and from everything i remember Tanev's biggest issue is that he's made from spun sugar).
Pelley needs to force Shanahan and Treliving to make REAL changes to the core !!!

At the season's ending press conference, he said there would be changes, and so far they have only shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic. And that has gone on for 8 years with no better results !!!

Pelley should do as he promised or GTFO. Stop running it back with a core that's not progressively getting more competitive in the playoffs.

Marner is NOT a playoff performer, especcially at his OUTRAGEOUS salary !!! He's scared of contact and his own shadow when the playoffs get rough as they always do. His cuteness from junior doesn't translate to being a threat in the playoffs when REAL MEN get really serious about hockey !!!

Marrner needs to go !!! It should have been done already IMHO.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Ross Colton would be a good add. Maybe for Robertson?

Trade Jarnkrok, Kampf, Timmins

Sign Dewar around 900k

Around 1.5M left
And they still got Rantanen to sign after next year if that wasn't bad enough. Unlike Marner he's actually got a legitimate case for $12.5, and that's not even accounting for the cap taking another good jump in 2025 as well.

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
Robertson, Jarnkrok to Dallas for Lian Bichsel
Timmins to Nashville for Tomasino
Holmberg, Kampf to Colorado for Colton

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Pelley needs to force Shanahan and Treliving to make REAL changes to the core !!!

At the season's ending press conference, he said there would be changes, and so far they have only shuffled the deck chairs on the Titanic. And that has gone on for 8 years with no better results !!!

Pelley should do as he promised or GTFO. Stop running it back with a core that's not progressively getting more competitive in the playoffs.

Marner is NOT a playoff performer, especcially at his OUTRAGEOUS salary !!! He's scared of contact and his own shadow when the playoffs get rough as they always do. His cuteness from junior doesn't translate to being a threat in the playoffs when REAL MEN get really serious about hockey !!!

Marrner needs to go !!! It should have been done already IMHO.
They didn't guarantee a big change, which can't happen anyway if Marner doesn't waive.

Reactions: Buds17

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wonder if we shouldn't look for a cheap.young forward who's fallen out of favor like Kaliyev
Or a guy who had a good end to last season like Nylander in Columbus, maybe he's worked something out?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Would have been an almost perfect ufa period if not for the lily signing.

It's possible Tre wasn't confident in signing Hakanpää and wanted insurance. At this point package lily + Robertson + Kampf for picks/players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad