Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Liljegren 6.2 ???

The model really loves Liljegrens game as a two way player. It takes into account his growth into a middle pairing guy against solid QoC last season. That high ankle sprain set him back more than anything and he never quite found his feet coming back so I hope hes able to fully establish himself as a dominant number 4 this year.

Here's what Dom had to say:

Should have just did what you did instead of typing all that out lol.

Reactions: SprDaVE

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Brisebois telling it like it is, you can't get too attached to guys in this league. They weren't afraid to do the hard thing by accepting the writing on the wall and making sweeping changes to the core. Trading Sergachev like that was a stone cold killer move that Leafs management just wouldn't do.

VGK ain't that far behind lol

Reactions: Cleetus

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The model really loves Liljegrens game as a two way player. It takes into account his growth into a middle pairing guy against solid QoC last season. That high ankle sprain set him back more than anything and he never quite found his feet coming back so I hope hes able to fully establish himself as a dominant number 4 this year.

Should have just did what you did instead of typing all that out lol.

So you would have been okay if we had signed him to a 2 year 6.2 million per contract?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Leafs roster additions projected over the entire contract vs. actual values via doms model at the athletic:

Stolarz:
Signed: 2.5x2
Projected: 3.4x2

OEL:
Signed: 3.5x4
Projected: 3.2x4

Tanev:
Signed: 4.5x6
Projected: 4.0x6

Woll:
Signed: 3.66x3
Projected: 5.8x3

Liljegren:
Signed: 3.0x2
Projected: 6.2x2

Domi:
Signed: 3.75x4
Projected: 3.3x4

Didnt see anything for the other addiitons.

Pretty solid day overall that fills almost all the holes.
Domi's number seems a bit too low and the amounts for Liljegren and the goalies (moreso for Woll) appear (excessively) high.

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Crazy when you think this guy was the epitome of being an underdog Vegas Golden Knight with how his whole career has gone, and then being their Conn Smythe winner and leader, and yet just like that they cut ties. Meanwhile we continue coddling our group who has accomplished nothing.
That’s why I want this guy so bad this summer. He will play with a chip on his shoulder and be an alpha in the room full of betas.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Domi's number seems a bit too low and the amounts for Liljegren and the goalies are (excessively) high.

Domi is one of the worst defensive players on the team and has the occasion to take silly penalties.

Domi was great with Matthews last season as they had great offensive chemistry and scoring was through the roof but they also gave up a stupid amount of goals compared to Matthews playing with other wingers. I thought it was an effective pairing as Tavares/Marner were taking on the toughest defensive assignments and Matthews/Domi/Nylander were feasting on the lesser comp but the injuries to McMann/Matthews/Nylander effectively wrecked it all and it was chaos on the lines after that.

Reactions: Buds17

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He went to Nashville buddy unfortunately :( They had an incredible off-season, along with NJ.
I know. Quite incredible that in two off seasons. Preds managed to get a low end 1D, 1C, 2C and a 1W.

Our management constantly got rid of bad players when it didn't work out and our board continually lost their mind over it.
Like who?
Our MGT usually needed to send sweetener like 1st or 2nd rounder to get rid of bad contracts.
TB actually got a few picks trading away Jeannot

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I know. Quite incredible that in two off seasons. Preds managed to get a low end 1D, 1C, 2C and a 1W.

Like who?
Our MGT usually needed to send sweetener like 1st or 2nd rounder to get rid of bad contracts.
TB actually got a few picks trading away Jeannot

I'd suggest educating yourself on how much Jeannot cost them.

Vegas shed a bunch of guys eh? Did they add much of anything?

Stone isn't on LTIR yet, they will.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I'd suggest educating yourself on how much Jeannot cost them.

Stone isn't on LTIR yet, they will.
Read my post from the very beginning.
Cut lost on Jeannot instead of hoping he can improve. It implies that they know Jeannot is a lost cause and try to salvage whatever they can.

Can’t wait to see what you say next.
😂

Reactions: BayStBullies

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Brisebois telling it like it is, you can't get too attached to guys in this league. They weren't afraid to do the hard thing by accepting the writing on the wall and making sweeping changes to the core. Trading Sergachev like that was a stone cold killer move that Leafs management just wouldn't do.
I admire Tampa's decisiveness, but I don't think the changes they've made will make much difference for them. They've suffered too many losses of key players since the championship runs, and I'm not sure Vasi, or Tampa's defense, will return to what they once were. But they also have two Cups and three straight Finals appearances, so they are playing with house money anyway.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Read my post from the very beginning.
Cut lost on Jeannot instead of hoping he can improve. It implies that they know Jeannot is a lost cause and try to salvage whatever they can.

Can’t wait to see what you say next.
😂

Ya, they cut ties with a bad player... I don't know what you're talking about.

Our management team did that all the time.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
our MGt usually do it with a sweetener.
You really need to learn how to read other posts.

Then Tampa likely just cut ties with a player of little value instead of a player who is bad.

Screenshot 2024-07-01 at 8.35.49 PM.png

You can spin it however you want...

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Maybe a stupid move by Vegas. One of the more underrated guys out there. Maybe they just thought his best was behind him though.....
Really? I think it was a brilliant move by Vegas. The odds are that he will not repeat last year's numbers.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022

Hopefully Treliving is taking notes for next summer.

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad