Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I wonder if Marner does get traded, if we see a heavy forward package instead.

We always expected it to be a defender.

Also I think I would’ve given Duclair that contract

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
This is a physical Leafs D with McCabe and Benoit in particular.

I don't like keeping Lilly. If he works his ass off in the offseason and comes in with a Borje Salming mindset he can become the D man that keeps him in the league. If not, this will be the largest contract he ever receives.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Im starting to come to the realization that both will probably be re-signed this year. I wanted to believe but it sure feels like the new boss is very much like the old boss.

That's what l'm afraid of. We may never get rid of them.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
So it appears our offense that couldn't muster up 2 goals in a game come playoff time has now actually somehow gotten worse.

They're running it back with Gio, Brodie replaced with Tanev and OEL, Samsonov swapped airh Stol & Bertuzzi swapped with some bargain basket garbage.

Same loser core for the 8th year in a row....this is genuinely a f***ing nightmare, Brad is a gutless coward.
If you think it's Treliving running the team, you are mistaken.

I don't agree with Toronto bringing back legitmately the same forward group though as last year.. With legitimate 0 fresh blood.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Vincent Desharnais ?

Also, is Cal Clutterbuck completely washed now or is there something still there? Berbube loves robust fast forechecking demons, Clutterbuck would fit that bill for something super cheap
Wow Clutterbuck lol he certainly is a pest lol is available. 36 and lots of miles though on that body.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
TSN asked who improved their defense the most.

Weekes said Toronto

Noodles said Toronto

Biron said Washington

Weekes on Tanev “He is a goalie’s assistant and best friend”

Weekes on OEL: “He is a completely different player than before. He is gapping players and hitting anything in sight”

Noodles on Tanev: “goalies are going to love him”

Noodles on OEL: “don’t forget who he is playing for. Berube is going to demand a physical game”

Noodles loves Stolarz

Berube is going to demand a physical game -> Marner is already in shambles LMAO :laugh:

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if Marner does get traded, if we see a heavy forward package instead.

We always expected it to be a defender.

Also I think I would’ve given Duclair that contract
Yeah, it would either be a #1 goalie or a heavy up front IMO.

That said, I'd be happy with draft picks and the cap dump as long as the U.F.A class is deep next year. Flip trades for depth up front who play with some bite.

It's been known this is what is needed. Heavy nosed two-way wingers along with shutdown D win Cups. The $50M core scored how many goals per game against Boston?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
If you think it's Treliving running the team, you are mistaken.

I don't agree with Toronto bringing back legitmately the same forward group though as last year.. With legitimate 0 fresh blood.

The issue is Brad came here to be a puppet, him being a coward still applies.

Our entire management are a bunch of cowardly f***ing weasles.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Hayes was ready to go full Hulkamania. He hated that tax comment too

Tax issue in TO with the Leafs is a fallacy...made up to squeeze more money out of the Leaf organization...many US states have high taxes, some more than Toronto. In other professional sports such as NBA and MLB, those players pay even more taxes in those US states, but you never hear them complain about taxes, and they aren't overpaid playing in one state over another.

How come Boston didn't have to overpay millions for Zadorov? Taxes are high in Mass compared to other states in the US.

Reactions: PromisedLand

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
-Elliotte says he expects the Leafs to make a contract offer to Marner if they haven’t already. Not sure if it will be a raise. Nylander was shopped extensively last offseason but couldn’t find a deal to their liking.

-Says they were after all defensemen on the market but many were outside of their comfort zone like Edmundsson, Roy etc.

-Elliotte he really likes the OEL signing. Thinks it’s a good signing

-Says he bets a bunch of players are seeing how Marner is being treated by the media and not a lot of players wanted no part of Toronto because of it.

-Markstrom was their number 1 goalie target.

-Elliotte loves the Stolarz signing.

-Tried hard to bring back Bertuzzi. Leafs weren’t getting Guenztel. Talked to Debrusk but it was too much money and term.

-Says Skinner is more likely to Edmonton if he signs in Canada.

-Elliotte says Drai isn’t re-signing unless he knows McDavid is staying.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
-Elliotte says he expects the Leafs to make a contract offer to Marner if they haven’t already. Not sure if it will be a raise. Nylander was shopped extensively last offseason but couldn’t find a deal to their liking.

-Says they were after all defensemen on the market but many were outside of their comfort zone like Edmundsson, Roy etc.

-Says he bets a bunch of players are seeing how Marner is being treated by the media and not a lot of players wanted no part of Toronto because of it.

-Tried hard to bring back Bertuzzi. Leafs weren’t getting Guenztel. Talked to Debrusk but it was too much money and term.

Lmaooooooo, that marner tidbit is incredible. Considering nylander probably had harsher treatment up until this year.

Reactions: PromisedLand

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost

Zadorov included there, said they weren't interested in paying him 5 mil.

Kind of insane considering he that's just 1.5 more than OEL.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
TSN asked who improved their defense the most.

Weekes said Toronto

Noodles said Toronto

Biron said Washington

Weekes on Tanev “He is a goalie’s assistant and best friend”

Weekes on OEL: “He is a completely different player than before. He is gapping players and hitting anything in sight”

Noodles on Tanev: “goalies are going to love him”

Noodles on OEL: “don’t forget who he is playing for. Berube is going to demand a physical game”

Noodles loves Stolarz
Not according to this fanbase

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just looking at things we have just over 2.5M in cap space if everybody that needs to be sent down is and we carry one extra skater

We have one hole and it's the 4th line LW

No obviously we could use Cowan or Grebyonkin as a top 9 LW, or resign Robertson who could take that role and push McMann down

I think we should go in another direction though, put Holmberg in the 4th line LW spot and bring in a center for 2.5M

I think there's a chance one of Wennberg, Henrique or Roslovic might sign a 2.5M ×2

Reactions: aingefan and KMNRB

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Skinner would be perfect to give the Leafs more goal scoring upfront. But I assume they want to get bigger/greasier after losing Bertuzzi. I don't see many fits out there to replace Bertuzzi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad