Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It wasn't reported Guentzel wanted to sign with the leafs, I was the one who posted it in here after listening to Kipper and Bourne. No one said, no players wants to sign with the leafs. Kipper said that players that like the spot light are interested in being Maple Leafs, however MOST players do not like the spotlight, rather play in smaller US markets and don't find places like Vancouver or Toronto appealing because of the scrutiny the players face. He said that a lot of players talk amongst each other and they find playing in those two places in particular is hard on the players themselves and their families.

Please show me those tweets, because I saw tweets that said Toronto has interest in Zadorov, not a single tweet that said Zadorov wants to sign in Toronto. It's very obvious Dan Milsten used Toronto twice this year to benefit his client. Every reporter is ACTUALLY saying that Liljegren and OEL were signed because Zadorov wanted to go to Boston. OEL and Liljegren = 6.5 million. Zadorov signed for 5.5. The money was there for him. He didn't want to be here.

here is one example of Zadorov wanting to be a Leaf during his time in Calgary

1719858537721.png

I could search for tweets too but quite frankly I am not going to invest my time in it as it is water under the bridge with Zadorov already signed in Boston as Treliving invested 8M AAV in Tanev and OEL

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
The next moves will rely on what salary Tre can move. Looks like he’s secured his top targets, so we may not see a deal the rest of the day.

Considered me whelmed.
He did his best work after July 1st last season

He redeemed himself after a rough first day

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Florida lost Stolarz Montour OEL Stenlund, probably Tarasenko and that good grinder player I forgot he.s name..I see them being worse next season
Not sure I would bet against Bill Zito after what he has done in such a short period of time...He has a clear vision and seems to have the balls to do what he thinks is best.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So it appears our offense that couldn't muster up 2 goals in a game come playoff time has now actually somehow gotten worse.

They're running it back with Gio, Brodie replaced with Tanev and OEL, Samsonov swapped airh Stol & Bertuzzi swapped with some bargain basket garbage.

Same loser core for the 8th year in a row....this is genuinely a f***ing nightmare, Brad is a gutless coward.
Shanahan being the common denominator !!!

So much for Pelley saying there will be changes !!!

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Sure our defense got better....but our team overall lost goal power and got soft in the process

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Next year when JT and Marner contracts both end will be the time Treliving will be evaluated once his inherited Cap mess he inherited gives him some real relief depending on how he deals with both JT and MM.
Im starting to come to the realization that both will probably be re-signed this year. I wanted to believe but it sure feels like the new boss is very much like the old boss.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Really curious to what went on with Roy, if it was him not wanting to be in Canada, 7x5.5 is pretty solid and it could’ve been affordable.

Funny enough, I think Zadarov didn’t want to sign in Canada considering what it was reported Vancouver offered him.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We definitely have better depth on the d BUT still missing a big dman. Oh well.
Vincent Desharnais ?

Also, is Cal Clutterbuck completely washed now or is there something still there? Berbube loves robust fast forechecking demons, Clutterbuck would fit that bill for something super cheap

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
TSN asked who improved their defense the most.

Weekes said Toronto

Noodles said Toronto

Biron said Washington

Weekes on Tanev “He is a goalie’s assistant and best friend”

Weekes on OEL: “He is a completely different player than before. He is gapping players and hitting anything in sight”

Noodles on Tanev: “goalies are going to love him”

Noodles on OEL: “don’t forget who he is playing for. Berube is going to demand a physical game”

Noodles loves Stolarz

Reactions: Burnie97 and Jojalu

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
There's probably a healthy debate to be had whether you prefer Monahan and Stephenson, or just one Tavares with a $500K delta.
Ask me that next season when Tavares 11m is off the books and he's making the same or less as both those players. I'd prefer Tavares at the same cap hit as them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad