Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I hate when people use the lakers or Yankees. Those fans literally do not give two shits what their players make. Salary cap is a non factor in those leagues so it’s not the same. The NHL’s salary cap has made fans so obsessed with how much a player makes and the associate everything the players do to the salary they make.

I bet if you polled 100 Yankees fans maybe 5 could tell you off the top of their head how much Juan Soto makes per year.

If you polled 100 lakers fans maybe 2 could tell you what Anthony Davis makes per year.
basketball does have a cap are you good?

And cap has nothing to do with the point we are making which is that of pressure market. Good grief.

I hate it when you people dont understand basic comparisons.

Reactions: Apex Predator

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Montour's AAV seems fine considering the term involved...the term just might be excessive by a couple of years.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Like if we look around the division....Boston and Tampa have both improved considerably over last season. Ottawa has got Ullmark now, Detroit was right there last year. I am not saying we are going to fall out of the playoffs....but with the way we are spending our money? I just won't be shocked is all lol
Disaster if it happens with no 1st round pick.

If they dp miss, which I highly doubt they will, it has to be the end of Marner and Tavares.

Take the 22 mil and reboot like TB.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
If Boston signs Zadorov and Lindholm they will have room for a 2RW. Depending on who they spend that on I have them projected to miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time. My model had them at 116 points in 22-23 and 109 last year.

If they sign a good 2RW I still have them making it.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Leafs fans before l " Zadorov not worth it, we don't need him"

Leafs fans when bruins sign zadorov "wow bruins are much better and scarier with zadorov, we can't beat em"

Lmaooooo

We getting roasted for literally every signing and people think if we signed him to 5.5 with term the reaction would be positive?

Reactions: uncleben and Albz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad