Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Like others have said, Robertson + for Ross Colton would be great. Maybe even include Jarnkrok if the avs want another NHL-ready forward? They still get cap-savings

Sign Trenin + Perron for cheap. Both these players combined can potentially be cheaper than Bertuzzi

Offload Kampf somehwere

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
After thinking long and hard....

I think Leafs should walk away from Tanev. 5M AAV is too much at his age. His play could drop off of a cliff next season itself after getting a retirement contract.

Also, no point in taking this risk, Leafs are not in a position to contend with tavares and marner albatross contracts.

screw the 7th rounder. Just go and get Lindholm for 2C to get ready for 2025-2026 season. Next season is a wash anyway IMO. Get Lidholm + Zadorov and call it a day.

if Marner waives his NMC/NTC then we can cook; if not just LIndholm and Zadorov and thats it. DO NOT INVEST too much in Tanev unless he is willing to go on Robidas Island as soon as his play falls off. I really don't think Tanev investment is a good movve at his age especially given his injury history

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
If you’re letting Bert go you either turn around and give that to OEL or you’re flipping the money to Marner

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
If you’re letting Bert go you either turn around and give that to OEL or you’re flipping the money to Marner
Even if they extend Marner it will be for 2025.

Bert was a long shot at best and it would have only made sense at the Domi contract.

They still probably will try to work something out with OEL.

Knies. Matthews. Nylander
Mccann. Domi. Marner
Perron. Tavares. Jarnkrok
Holmberg. Kampf. Dewar
Reaves

Rielly. Tanev
Zadorov. Lilly
OEL Mccabe
Benoit

Woll/backup

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see value from Lundkvist, Steele, Boqvist, Comtois, Fischer, Caleb Jones and maybe Brannstrom as well.

Yep. If we're learning from Florida and the way they do things, fill out the bottom of the roster and depth with that kind of reclamation. Maybe Raddysh regains his 20 point form. Good call on Comtois, he could maybe do some of the Bertuzzi work just being a big body out there, maybe be something of a Marchment or Verhaeghe.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Trade Kampf for any future pick
Trade Jarnkrok and Robertson for Ross Colton
Sign Perron (Should be super cheap)
Sign Trenin

Domi - Mathews - Perron
Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Colton - Nylander
Trenin - Dewar - Reaves/Holmberg

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
He’s not a good enough player to be making trade requests.

Having said that, I don’t really care if they trade him.
I hope he told us this before the draft, otherwise I'd be pissed. There were a bunch of nice prospects in the 2nd round we could have gotten now we'd have to wait a year.

Reactions: Zero1

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Trade Kampf for any future pick
Trade Jarnkrok and Robertson for Ross Colton
Sign Perron (Should be super cheap)
Sign Trenin

Domi - Mathews - Perron
Knies - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Colton - Nylander
Trenin - Dewar - Reaves/Holmberg

I knew Jarnkrok and Kampf should have been dumped hearing about the unsuccessful negotiation with Bertuzzi. It's just tough to hear about these middle class contracts not working out when we have those lower class contracts obstructing business.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00