Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
currently wingers above him:
Nylander, Marner, Domi, Knies, McMann, potentially Bert (if re-signed), he is not a PKer either so he has no roll on teh team with Holmberg and Raves filling out the 4th line wingers.
Right now he pencils as the 6th winger for a spot on the 3rd line. I assume Berts is not coming back.

But he could be surpassed by Cowan soon, and even Grebs. Also, who knows if the Leafs sign another winger this offseason.
It is why I kind of wanted to deal him last year in the right deal. The Leafs are kind of stacked at the winger position going forward.

Reactions: PromisedLand

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
He’s an RFA though but I like him too.

Didn’t get a qualifying offer. He is a UFA at noon.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If that is the case and Tanev takes 5 and Broissoit takes 3.5, we will have 3-5 million depending on roster moves to add a forward and a D.

My guess:
Perron 3x2
OEL 2.5 x 3
Timmons waived
Kampf dealt for draft pick

Jarnkrok and his 2.1AAV gotta go.
Robertson asked for a trade so thats more money saved
Dewar would get about 1.5AAV at least so there is that

Jarnkrok+Kampf = 4.5M in cap space. If we can get Lindholm we can go
Matthews, Lindholm, Tavares, Dewar down the middle this season

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I don't know where they got that information but the official Utah twitter and other sources says they have qualified him.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Would be shocked if they didn’t qualify Hayton. If for somehow they actually didn’t, we need to be all over that.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Well, someone's off.

On another note, Dallas not qualifying Steel for 900k is silly

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

While the leafs end up giving their 7th Ds 3m per.

Would rather take a 1yr flyer on Lundkvist.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t think your timelines are following right.

The insiders were all reporting around 4m x 6 yesterday after the trade. The night passed and then Seravelli reports he spoke to the league about it and they reiterated that there are punishments and consequences for circumventing the cap.

The next update we get is the AAV will be around 5m.

We will see, but it feels weird.

Should just sign the damn contract with all the “circumvention” built in and dare the league to do something about it. You going to fine a brand new contract with no proof of shenanigans? You’re going to doubt Tanev’s medical report when LTIR happens?

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
There were previously reports of Perfetti wanting out. 4 months younger than Robertson. Almost the same PT/GP. Could play C. Local kid. Leafs would probably need to add but Robertson for Perfetti as a base would be an exciting trade.
I am willing to help out the Jets and take all their young players that want out. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00