Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
OUT: Jarnkrok+Kampf => 4.5AAV

TOTAL: 10.5+4.5 = 15M

IN:
Lindholm (7AAV)
Dewar (1.5AAV)
Robertson (1.5AAV)
Total IN: 10M

Leave 5M to get a goalie and a depth D

If we are able to trade Marner on the other hand...... thats an additional 11M so total 16M to spend and round out the roster

Then the year after 2025-2026 season Tavares' 11 AAV will be off the cap.

This is a golden opportunity for Leafs to really build a winning team and not F it up. We gotta get Lindholm to play 2C and lock him up now. next season trying to get a 2C is going to be a pain in the ass and going to cost a lot of money.

I think lindholm will cost more than 7... could easily be a pretty similar contract than Bo Horvat at 8,5M

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Have that apathy feeling, roster doesn't seem like it'll change all that much but we really do need to bold and make big changes.

Tree has made some crazy moves in Calgary, we haven't seen that "wow" trade yet, I am hoping that changes.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think lindholm will cost more than 7... could easily be a pretty similar contract than Bo Horvat at 8,5M

well if Leafs can front load it fully with signing bonnuses then something could be haggled.

he had like freakin 44 points in 75ish games. I don't think he is worth 8.5+

Kadri had a freakin' career year and even he didn't get that kinda deal.

Lindholm is gonna be Klingberg'd if he is thinking he is gonna get paid. If any GM pays him that money good for him I suppose LOL

Reactions: aingefan

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Have that apathy feeling, roster doesn't seem like it'll change all that much but we really do need to bold and make big changes.

Tree has made some crazy moves in Calgary, we haven't seen that "wow" trade yet, I am hoping that changes.

Bonuses are paid out tomorrow, so I hope that’s the tipping point

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hope so, I have done so many mock rosters and I keep looking at it like "This is very middle of the pack" or "No shot in hell of cup contention"

Leafs are not winning the cup with 4 forwards at 11+ AAV

Experiment has been run for 5+ years. it doesn't work

Gotta start planning for 2025-2026 season right now. Gotta think long term.

Marner and Tavares are weak links IMO with too much cap tied to them and both have NMCs/NTCs. Just one more year. Like I said gotta start planning for 2025-2026 season "now"! Any "big" move we make should really be for 2025-2026 season not for next season

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Yeah, I've got a bit of that.

A lot hinges on Mitch. I'm 90% sure the Tanev and Zadorov deals won't be good, but we'll see.

A surprise trade and some good smaller signings like Kylington and Steel would be nice, though.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Leafs are not winning the cup with 4 forwards at 11+ AAV

Experiment has been run for 5+ years. it doesn't work

Gotta start planning for 2025-2026 season right now. Gotta think long term.

Marner and Tavares are weak links IMO with too much cap tied to them and both have NMCs/NTCs. Just one more year. Like I said gotta start planning for 2025-2026 season "now"! Any "big" move we make should really be for 2025-2026 season not for next season
Marino, Keller, 1st and 2nd for MM is a good start.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yeah, I've got a bit of that.

A lot hinges on Mitch. I'm 90% sure the Tanev and Zadorov deals won't be good, but we'll see.

A surprise trade and some good smaller signings like Kylington and Steel would be nice, though.

I've done those fringe deals like Tanev, Stolarz, one of Schmidt/Zadorov/Carrier etc and it's like...who are we kidding with this?

• Haha
Reactions: Rare Jewel

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
well if Leafs can front load it fully with signing bonnuses then something could be haggled.

he had like freakin 44 points in 75ish games. I don't think he is worth 8.5+

Kadri had a freakin' career year and even he didn't get that kinda deal.

Lindholm is gonna be Klingberg'd if he is thinking he is gonna get paid. If any GM pays him that money good for him I suppose LOL

cap raised up and team having a lot of $$$ this off-season to spend and if team are enough desesperate to give 6M to Durzi, yes certainly they can give 8,5M to a 60-80 pts 2 way center, even if he had a bad seaon.

Lindholm is kind of player every team want

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Don't think Nucks offered him 8million.

if Lindholm wants anywhere in the realmp of 8M+ then yea..... I think Leafs will have to find another center or go another route and shore up the D now.

Lindholm's previous cap hit was about 5AAV; Leafs can give him fully front loaded deal at 7AAV. If he wants more I am afraid he is going to end up like Klingberg.

I don't think any team is going to offer Lindholm 9+ AAV to play 2C after he had 44 points in 75 games last season. that said, if there is a GM that wants to pay him taht money then more power to that GM. Leafs really shouldn't LOL

Sorry you're right. They offered him 7 mil x 7 and got rejected

Reactions: PromisedLand

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'm waiting for tomorrow before I get my pitchfork.

Marner has a signing bonus due, and we'll see the real details of Tanev's and possibly Zadorov's deals.

Any Zadorov rumors of substance?

All I seen is Dreger(yes I know he isn't the most reliable) say he's likely out of our price range.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
cap raised up and team having a lot of $$$ this off-season to spend and if team are enough desesperate to give 6M to Durzi, yes certainly they can give 8,5M to a 60-80 pts 2 way center, even if he had a bad seaon.

Lindholm is kind of player every team want

Well the max I am comfortable Leafs offering Lindholm is about 8M and thats it. If other teams can offer more to Lindholm then good for them I suppose

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I've done those fringe deals like Tanev, Stolarz, one of Schmidt/Zadorov/Carrier etc and it's like...who are we kidding with this?
You've got to fill the team out. and hey, OEL and Kulikov looked like pretty pedestrian signing last year, and they played their part.

Any Zadorov rumors of substance?

All I seen is Dreger(yes I know he isn't the most reliable) say he's likely out of our price range.
It's a pretty poorly kept secret that Treliving has a hard-on for him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sorry you're right. They offered him 7 mil x 7 and got rejected

Leafs can front load the deal that only NYR, Habs, and may be Avs (wallmart) can.

I wish we can make it work. I'd go as high as 8M for Lindholm fully front loaded and then worry about defense next season. I really think we gotta lock in 2C at a decent price.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
You've got to fill the team out. and hey, OEL and Kulikov looked like pretty pedestrian signing last year, and they played their part.

It's a pretty poorly kept secret that Treliving has a hard-on for him.

OEL and Kulikov were on the fringes of the roster, decent success in a relatively protected role.

Need change around the core/top of the roster as well as supporting cast.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Everyone doing their cap projections is forgetting to allocate money on the Dewar and Robertson contracts , that’s going to be at least 2.5 million total you’d think.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
-Trade Marner for a C/D plus 2025 picks
-Extend Bertuzzi
-Sign Tanev on a cap circumvention style contract
- Acquire a goalie
-Sign a top 4D
- Do something fun with the bottom six forwards. Trade Kampf for a pick or something

Sun shines, world peace, everyone wins

Reactions: PromisedLand

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So move Mitch and hijack the Matt Roy deal.

Simple. ;)

Let me first preface this and say this is basically NHL 25 but it's such an extreme change from what we've had on the ice the previous years but this is the kind of change that would make you feel like things have changed, you have a chance to win a cup right? This will literally never happen and I know (in case anyone is gonna quote saying I am nuts)

That would feel like "Okay, this is a new team, it has changed" - but that's a ton of UFA / trades.

3 trades would probably be a high mark for our off-season and who knows with the UFA situation.

It does feel short of some large moves though that we're wasting time with Matthews under contract.

1719793276067.png
1719793285430.png
1719793297077.png

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: