Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
The NBA allows far more leeway to their large market teams than the NHL does, which is why their overall revenues have vastly outstripped the NHL's in the last 30 years.
Really? I think that's because it's a vastly more popular sport worldwide.

Anyway, that hasn't helped the Knicks, and there's no guarantee that it'll help the Leafs in the NHL

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
just out of curiosity i went to CF to see if it is still functioning; looks like it still is. Caps owners haven't taken it down yet LMAO :laugh:

View attachment 890083

I believe its available until July 5th or something like that?

IIRC it's because Capfriendly literally has contracts until that time to provide data to NHL teams. Once those contracts expire it goes offline.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They can't prove its happening, if the Leafs take that to a court the league is in big trouble
NJ went to arb/mediation and it was upheld.

Personally I think the easiest route would be for the league to just classify as a 35+ deal

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If Dubas was still here we 100% would be signing Campbell to a deal tomorrow.

Hell, I'm kinda wondering if Tre offers him a 1 yr contract at low dollars to tandem with Woll.
I think it's better for Toronto to acquire a goalie who's been (much) more of a sure thing recently and also better for Campbell to play for a team that already has a steady option in goal.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I’d be curious to see if it’s accurate but I feel like the American thing doesn’t apply to us or at least the majority of players

Reactions: WillNy29

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2