Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It is really hard to think a RHD of a bottom 10-12 defensive group in NHL and with a team desesperatly need RHD but who's struggling just to stay in the line up doesn't bring a lot of interest from rest of NHL team

Converselym rhd are a rare commodity and given Lily's age, there's always teams interested in projects.

You could make a similar case for Sandin, equally as unproven and still earned a decent return

Reactions: Rare Jewel

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing talks between the Maple Leafs and Max Domi intensified over the last 24 hours…we should see something at four years, just under $4M AAV</p>&mdash; Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) <a href="">June 30, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, at least he can skate and cover at C.

Still, the Tanev and Zadorov signings are going to be rough.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sergy outside the first cup run has been more liability defensively than anything else. He is more of an offense first Dman.

He does fine when he is being babysat by Heddy or Mac but more often then not he makes some of the most boneheaded mistakes for someone with the talent he has.

I love the kid and the heart it took to recover from that brutal injury and come back and play in the playoffs and actually impact it were incredible.

Yeah Sergachev has his boneheaded moments but I think you guys down in Tampa might not be fully appreciative of what a 26 year old who has already had that “first cup run” at the age of 22-23 really means. Or could be when he’s reached his prime years. Oh well, that’s Utah’s problem now.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Tanev even at 6 years ... If he can stay healthy for 3 or 4 of those years
.. the last 2 won't be a big deal. Cap is going way up.

Zad I'm worried about how long and money... but who knows. It'd be nice to see under 5 but I could see Tre being stupid on that one.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

4 years at under $4 million isn’t too bad. That’s basically a small raise on what Kerfoot used to make in a new cap environment. And Domi has a personality. Maybe 1 year too long but it is what it is.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Such a cop out response lmao.

Its okay to have an opinion or predict what you think will happen.

Wouldnt be surprised in the slightest to see Tampa ahead of the Leafs next season.

Vasilevskiy was injured to start the season, had surgery and took time to get into the season. Last year, if am not mistaken, he had his career worst GAA and SV%. I think he will rebound next season.

Tampa's top 4 players combined salary is:
Vasy(9.5)+Kucherov(9.5)+Point(9.5)+Hedman(7.8) = TOTAL 36.3 million

Leafs:
Matthews (13.25)+Nylander(11.5)+Tavares(11)+Marner(10.9) = TOTAL 46.7 million (about 10 million more than Tampa) and such team composision and cap structure hasn't paid any f***ing dividends to the Leafs AT ALL!!!

Compare that to the recent cup finalists for top 4 salaries:
VGK: Eichel(10)+Stone(9.5)+Peitrangelo(8.8)+Hanifin(7.4) = TOTAL 35.7 million (about 10 million LESS than Leafs) and at different positions. Center, Winger, and two Ds

Avs: Mack(12.6)+Rantanen(9.25)+Makar(9)+Toews(7.25) = TOTAL 38.1 million (about 8 million LESS than leafs)

Stars: Seguin (9.85)+Benn(9.5)+Hintz(8.45)+Heiskanen(8.45) = TOTAL 36.25 million (about 10 million LESS than leafs)

Oilers: McDavid(12.5)+Nurse(9.25)+Drai(8.5)+Ekholm(6) = TOTAL 36 million (about10 million LESS than leafs)

Panthers: Barkov(10)+Bob(10)+Tkachuk(9.5)+Ekblad(7.5) = TOTAL 37 million (about 9 million LESS than leafs)

I am absolutely f***ING baffled that some people who claim to be "fans" of this franchise are putting the players above the logo. TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS matters!!! name on the back doesn't especially if it comes with a heavy price tag, media mind games, hissyfit on the bench and a petulant child mindset.

Mitch Marner MUST GTFO. Ideally via trade this offseason and as a UFA next season. We need a change and need it badly!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Tanev even at 6 years ... If he can stay healthy for 3 or 4 of those years
.. the last 2 won't be a big deal. Cap is going way up.
Nah, it's silly. 3 years at most, and even that is too much actually

People said the same thing about Muzzin, and he basically fell apart right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad