Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Logan Thompson would've been a solid add. FWIW, the upcoming season can also be his walk year. Furthermore, he apparently requested a trade in search of a better opportunity.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Man I would have traded our 2nd and Robertson for him. Kinda upset we didn’t get him.
I have a hard time believing Vegas would've wanted Robertson. With Holtz plus some of their forward prospects, they've got a fill on offense first types in the bottom 6 now. But yea I would've happily done that trade

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm ok with whatever aav they give Tanev assuming the term is short. If he gets injured as expected we just throw him on the LITR and fill that cap space. If he stays healthy, great.

They just need to target another really good RHD at the minimum. Tanev is fantastic defensively but this team needs more offense and more skating from the back end, especially right handed.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The next question is, what do we have to offer them?

Yeah that’s the biggest issue.

They just need to target another really good RHD at the minimum. Tanev is fantastic defensively but this team needs more offense and more skating from the back end, especially right handed.

100%. Love what Tanev brings. Now we need to add offense to the backend.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Tanev 7yrs x 3.5 mil aav
Zadorov 7yrs x 3.75 mil aav
Roy 7yrs x 4.25 mil aav

Front load all 3 contracts with signing bonuses. Might as well try to circumvent the cap any way we can. And with all 3 players being under 35, we can buy them out if need be towards the end of their contracts

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Tanev 7yrs x 3.5 mil aav
Zadorov 7yrs x 3.75 mil aav
Roy 7yrs x 4.25 mil aav

Front load all 3 contracts with signing bonuses. Might as well try to circumvent the cap any way we can. And with all 3 players being under 35, we can buy them out if need be towards the end of their contracts

Doesn’t work with Zadorov and Roy so much. They are both young enough that extending their term won’t noticeably change their expected AAVs

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't know how but does it not feel like we have a trading partner here? They have so many NHL guys and guys knocking on the door for a roster spot...

1719702601259.png

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Treliving likely loves Gudbranson. Don't be surprised if they try to get him with retention.

They are also shopping Provorov

Not sure on cost to acquire Provorov

Benoit-Gudbranson would be physical but would never move the puck.

They should have traded at least two defenders last year. Their Gm has some obsession with hoarding D.

New GM now right?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Not sure on cost to acquire Provorov

Benoit-Gudbranson would be physical but would never move the puck.

New GM now right?

I'd only want Gudbranson if they give the Leafs a 2nd round pick for the trouble, similar to the Hayes trade. He sucks but at 2M could be useful depth and stops the Leafs from getting a rental again. He's a tough dude and we have seen struggling physical players rejuvenate lately in Toronto

Provorov has talent but the off-ice is questionable and I certainly wouldn't give up much, I don't see the fit for him.

Last edited:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'd only want Gudbranson if they give the Leafs a 2nd round pick for the trouble, similar to the Hayes trade. He sucks but at 2M could be useful depth and stops the Leafs from getting a rental again. He's a tough dude and we have seen struggling physical players rejuvenate lately in Toronto

He may not be a top pairing guy, but he definitely doesn’t suck. I’m not sure he wouldn’t be better than Jake McCabe.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd only want Gudbranson if they give the Leafs a 2nd round pick for the trouble, similar to the Hayes trade. He sucks but at 2M could be useful depth and stops the Leafs from getting a rental again. He's a tough dude.

Provorov has talent but the off-ice is questionable and I certainly wouldn't give up much, I don't see the fit for him.

I would have done that Hayes deal to be honest, we have a need at centre and could use the pick, how much cheaper is a guy like Wennberg going to be?

That being said, if a retained Gudbranson was offered up, I would definitely consider it.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

What's the off-ice issue with Provorov? Anything beyond not wanting to wear a rainbow jersey?

He'd be the perfect add tbh, just wish he was a RD

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad