Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
S

So you just added Vegas' second best defenseman for...what?

1719628862598.png

Vegas just signed Hanifin

they will also need some cap flexibility for TDL

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
With the addition of Danford we now have more right handed defenders than left handed on our depth chart..did not count the ufa's ..edmunson Giordano and lyubushkin..

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If Bert and Domi are re-signed you have to think that really pushes the likelihood of Marner being moved

Last legit rumour I read about Marner from Friedman was the Leafs were likely extending Marner instead of pushing anything else. And I've seen zero rumours of trades outside of Liljegren being dangled.

This team through multiple regimes have no concept of asset management and certainly don't seem very good at being able to make tough decisions.

Last edited:

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
My guess is that the pending UFA market is holding up the trade market. It’s not exactly ideal but we may have to wait and see what trade opportunities shake lose after July 1

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Last legit rumour I read about Marner from Friedman was the Leafs were likely extending Marner instead of pushing anything else. And I've seen zero rumours of trades outside of Liljegren being dangled.

This team through multiple regimes have no concept of asset management and certainly don't seem very good at being able to make tough decisions.

Afraid of making the Kadri mistake

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

This needed to be done last off-season, once that full N/M kicked in your at the mercy of the player and what he wants

If he won't cooperate we're screwed

Reactions: Rocker13

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm expecting some trade activity to materialize in and around the 2nd part of the draft today based on conversations which took place during last night's opening round.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Rielly and Naz are my favourite players in the Matthews era. Both are heart and soul players.

I know I’m biased but I would love to have Naz back in Toronto.

If Naz can use the NMC to force his way to Toronto and Calgary retains $2+ mill, I would be interested!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad