Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Assuming if Marner is traded, it won't be until atleast his bonus is paid on July 1st but we'll see if Tre makes any moves to trim some fat around the edges (Kampf, Jarnkrok ect) or makes a move to acquire a defenceman.
They could always announce the trade with pending medical. But I do think it will be after the Canada’s day weekend and might even be after 4th of July before anything happens.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Depends on the number but I would take Zadorov all day long at around 5. Big, nasty and can skate. But I would look to add a puck mover with the 2nd signing.

Prefer Marino and Roy but Zadorov will quickly become a fan fav here or despised. :laugh:

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I dunno… just seems like we’re running it back. I’m expecting Tanev to come in, Bertuzzi snd Domi come back and we sign Brossoit
If they can't move Marner, there's not a hell of a lot they can actually do. We pay 4 forwards a f*** load of the cap. That's always been our issue and will continue to be our issue. Everything else doesn't address the issue.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I will say this leafs fans, Zadorov while not a need as he is a LHD.
As a player tho? This guy would be perfect for Toronto.
Huge personality, good hockey player, Intimidating on the ice, can skate really well, was a beast in the playoffs, he makes players around him better from what I have seen.
Just keep him as a #4/5 guy, and he would fit perfectly.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
He was surprisingly productive last year

About half a point per game playing low minutes on the 3rd line with minimal PP time

He also won't cost much to bring back

I think he's worth keeping at this stage

As I said, I can only see him making the roster if we strike out with UFAs.

He’s behind Knies and McMann. Cowan essentially has to start on LW. Dewar and Holmberg are better bottom of the roster guys.

Add in any UFA, and there’s no spot for Robertson.

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
As I said, I can only see him making the roster if we strike out with UFAs.

He’s behind Knies and McMann. Cowan essentially has to start on LW. Dewar and Holmberg are better bottom of the roster guys.

Add in any UFA, and there’s no spot for Robertson.

I'm still not sure what McMann is so I'm not sure he's better than Robertson and those other two are 4th liners with some positional flexibility

Cowan is coming but he's not here yet, Grebyonkin plays on the right I think and so does Domi

I think there's still a place for him

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
He was surprisingly productive last year

About half a point per game playing low minutes on the 3rd line with minimal PP time

He also won't cost much to bring back

I think he's worth keeping at this stage

I'd like to keep him, too, but I think he'll request a trade if he doesn't have a clear spot by camp

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I will say this leafs fans, Zadorov while not a need as he is a LHD.
As a player tho? This guy would be perfect for Toronto.
Huge personality, good hockey player, Intimidating on the ice, can skate really well, was a beast in the playoffs, he makes players around him better from what I have seen.
Just keep him as a #4/5 guy, and he would fit perfectly.
We’re not going to pay 6 million a year for #4-#5 with our cap. This team might as well bring back Edmundson/Lilly snd Lybushkin for that money

Reactions: ToneDog

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
From the sounds of things if you wantStamkos it's 6-7 years of term not 2-3....

I can’t see him ever playing those last 2-3 years personally so I would consider it if the AAV is right. There is no question he could help this team for the next 3-4 years imo

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
From the sounds of things if you wantStamkos it's 6-7 years of term not 2-3....
what-year-is-it-robin-williams.gif

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
TB offered Stamkos 3 million a year for 7 years lol. f*** that.

They offered a deal until the age of 42

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad