Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Chatfield extended with the Canes. And I agree, Marino and Roy is ideal for me now, assuming Marino is cheap. (and Weegar can not be obtained along with Roy)
Don’t know how I missed it.
I wonder if Tre will look at shorter term guys like Brendan Smith for depth.

Goalie prospects are like the one thing we have a lot of, don't see the fit. Whatever it would be cost would be better spent on defense/centre
Presumably as part of a Marner deal.
He’s got great pedigree, and lots of personality. Two more years on ELC I think?
Make a decision on him or Hildeby next year.
Take the other 2mil earmarked for the FA goalie and reinvest elsewhere?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I dont see the fit with Zadorov tbh. I think the role he could play on our team is filled by McCabe. Unless we move out Rielly I dont see the fit for Zadorov at all. Sure you could move McCabe to the right but thats not ideal and you still need a partner for Rielly and a new PP QB on the back.

As for Tanev hes a good Rielly partner but hes so old and is due to decline and not be able to play big minutes. Pesce or Roy seems like a way better option to me.

Powerplay has been such a issue in playoffs we cant go into this year with Rielly as our top PP option and I think the Klingberg signing was evidence Tre thinks the same thing.

We need 2-3 D men.

A.) RHD Rielly partner defensive d man with PK ability (Pesce, Roy, Tanev)
B.) PP QB puck mover to play with McCabe. (Montour, Theodore, Walker??)
C.) Possible Lilly replacement if we move him on 3rd pair RHD someone physical and mean.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Scott Powers connected us with Askarov. I wonder what value Hildby holds around the league. Could use him as part of a package.

So we are going to trade the goalie with the higher AHL save percentage as just part of the package we send? Because of draft position?

I’m not sure that makes sense.

As it stands, they are looking for a top 5 pick for him… as ridiculous as that sounds.

• Wow
Reactions: aingefan and Mckay

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
So we are going to trade the goalie with the higher AHL save percentage as just part of the package we send? Because of draft position?

I’m not sure that makes sense.

As it stands, they are looking for a top 5 pick for him… as ridiculous as that sounds.
I hear what you’re saying. I’m not a goaltender expert, but Askarov has a lot of supporters. I agree, if the price is high I wouldn’t go near it.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Man I’d love to see Kadri back in the blue and white. What a mistake letting him go was. Kadri, Hyman and Brown were three I really enjoyed having here.

Reactions: Roo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad