Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Same here. That was a video game trade, and if the argument is that people here don't know what they want then that sure as f*** looks bad on someone like Dubas who got millions to figure things out and still went after such a poor fit for the team. We needed a good two way guy and he goes and gets a wannabe Marc Andre Bergeron.
Yeah, and I don't want to belabor the issue or derail the thread, but Kadri was my preferred #2 C for this team.

Before people blast out unrealistic proposals on free agents.

What amount of money do we have to throw around to free agents?

As much as I love Tanev he’s aging and more than just aging. Sooo many injuries. And he isn’t getting younger.
Depends on Mitch.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Marino would be a shrewd move. On paper seems like a logical fit with Rielly, but could also complement a shutdown pair (I.e. with McCabe).

Versatile piece that would supplement one of the more grizzled UFA D the Leafs are rumoured to be interested in: Roy, Tanev, Zadorov. Marino + one of those names would give you a fluid, interchangeable top 4.

Also likely comes at a cheaper cap hit than any of those names, leaving money for other adds.

Marino and Colton are two secondary pieces I’m most interested in as of right now via trade.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marino would be a shrewd move. On paper seems like a logical fit with Rielly, but could also complement a shutdown pair (I.e. with McCabe).

Versatile piece that would supplement one of the more grizzled UFA D the Leafs are rumoured to be interested in: Roy, Tanev, Zadorov. Marino + one of those names would give you a fluid, interchangeable top 4.

Also likely comes at a cheaper cap hit than any of those names, leaving money for other adds.

Marino and Colton are two secondary pieces I’m most interested in as of right now via trade.
Roy and Marino sounds better than Roy/Tanev, though Tanev almost feels like a foregone conclusion.
No one is mentioning Jalen Chatfield lately.
And Tre prolly circles back to Desharnais at some point, no?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Roy and Marino sounds better than Roy/Tanev, though Tanev almost feels like a foregone conclusion.
No one is mentioning Jalen Chatfield lately.
And Tre prolly circles back to Desharnais at some point, no?

Chatfield extended with the Canes. And I agree, Marino and Roy is ideal for me now, assuming Marino is cheap. (and Weegar can not be obtained along with Roy)

Reactions: aingefan

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Scott Powers connected us with Askarov. I wonder what value Hildby holds around the league. Could use him as part of a package.

Goalie prospects are like the one thing we have a lot of, don't see the fit. Whatever it would be cost would be better spent on defense/centre

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad