Trades & Free Agency Thread: Off-season Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The Verhaeghe one is honestly about a million over what I thought he was going to get on the high end. I figured 6.5M, maybe 7M on a good day.

This also makes me wonder about the plan with Sam Reinhart.
I think I'm not too surprised because he was previously at just under 4.2M x 3. I wouldn't exactly view it as team-friendly though considering the deal with Florida and taxes. Reinhart...is going to get paid.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I think I'm not too surprised because he was previously at just under 4.2M x 3. I wouldn't exactly view it as team-friendly though considering the deal with Florida and taxes. Reinhart...is going to get paid.

So you definitely would want huge trade protection if you signed a tax light contract in Florida. Could end up being traded to tax heavy location.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

I think Sam Reinhart will sign for less than what Mitch Marner wants, which would be wild...ship this loser out of Toronto.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
If the offseason is Domi, Perron and Tanev, then it's a disaster. It's over. Forget it.
It matters not what this team does over the summer. It's over anyways. We have to wait until Marner and Tavares retire from hockey for us to move forward. Everything else is irrelevant.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
We literally witnessed it during the season and then we won two games with Domi as Matthews replacement during the playoffs when Matthews was hurt. I think we were 2-0 in that span and the team D was better than ever during that span.
What we witnessed during the season was him playing 3C and 1RW, and he was poor defensively in both roles. We won two games in the playoffs when Woll stood on his head, not because Domi was out there racking up the worst on-ice defensive results on our team and being undisciplined.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
What we witnessed during the season was him playing 3C and 1RW, and he was poor defensively in both roles. We won two games in the playoffs when Woll stood on his head, not because Domi was out there racking up the worst on-ice defensive results on our team and being undisciplined.
Every goalie "stands on his head" when the team in front of him plays great defensively and keeps all the shots to the outside.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
If they can't get anyone better I suppose running it back until Tavares is gone is ...

Maybe some prospects can make the difference, as we know what the veterans bring.
I thought Domi had a strong playoffs and was pretty versitle at wing and center. Bertuzzi not as much but I would roll the dice.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
1719533966213.png

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Fantastic deal for the caps

I suspect the coming cap increases are going to be a big influence on contracts this summer, especially on longer term deals

Reactions: Buds17

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I know some are going to disagree but my theory is the hold up with the Leafs is Marner, I feel like they wanna know their cap structure.

As well, they were saying "The Leafs want to be careful" with the term etc on players, maybe because of McDavid?

Reactions: HolyCrap

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Surprised that a playoff team wasn't dangling a 1st (or a team in Washington's position wasn't dangling a high 2nd in tomorrow's draft) for Mangiapane. Washington is at least trying to improve its situation through acquiring Dubois previously and Mangiapane now (as they should be doing for as long as Ovechkin remains in tow).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad