Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

horner

May 22, 2007
It was a mistake in hindsight for sure, but at least get the context right.

Kerfoot was not kept over McCann. They went 4F / 4D / 1G instead of 7F / 3D / 1G.

Holl was kept as the 4th D and they moved a prospect and a 7th round pick to Pittsburgh (the ultimate losers in all of this) for McCann so that they could expose both Kerfoot and McCann and guarantee they kept one of them.

Yes, Holl was not worth keeping in the end. If not for the McCann move, they would have lost Kerfoot instead. If they kept Kerfoot/McCann + another forward, they would have lost Holl and had a gaping hole at RD.
In McCann's first season with Seattle he played Cener because of injuries and the Wennberg trade to the Rangers .
He also played LW and C for the Penguins before the expansion draft..

That is coming from the Hockey News but what do the know.

He had 29 goals that season .

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Yep.

Seems Berube never liked him from the beginning.

No coach nor GM is perfect.

From the condensed game yesterday (was tied up in something last night couldn't watch), it doesn't look like the current Leafs defense is all the good anyway, with or without Liljegren. Again, only watched the condensed target practice the Bruins held in the Leafs zone, so it was just limited highlights of being overwhelmed in the Leafs zone.
Common sense tells me we’re much better with lily in the line up than without but your right no coach is perfect

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If Kerfoot is on the market why hasn’t Dubas moved a good player for him? Asking for a friend………

Common sense tells me we’re much better with lily in the line up than without but your right no coach is perfect
Well, I for one won’t look back on the Berube years ruing that big mistake of not playing Lilly, I mean it’s a game changer that he’s not playing……….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad