Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What’s their structure? I feel like Marner would fit perfectly in their structure being one of the best defensive forwards in the game and still being on the doorstep of hitting 100 points each season.

What’s their structure? I feel like Marner would fit perfectly in their structure being one of the best defensive forwards in the game and still being on the doorstep of hitting 100 points each season.
I don't think there is any world where Carolina would pay Marner what he wants.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Wonder if this would fly?

Marner signed at 12 mil for 8 years then traded for Elias Pettersson.
That money needs to be allocated elsewhere in the Line up, that trade makes no sense and make the Leafs worse imo………

I don't think there is any world where Carolina would pay Marner what he wants.
You could say that about every team in the league imo……..

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Every team in the league will pay Marner what he wants. Teams aren't stupid. They recognize his value.
I think there are some teams with internal salary structures that would not want to pay Marner more than the amount their best player already earns. I think Carolina is one of those teams.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think there are some teams with internal salary structures that would not want to pay Marner more than the amount their best player already earns. I think Carolina is one of those teams.
Teams aren't going to avoid signing one of the best players in the world because their current best players are worse.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I think we can agree to disagree on an Aho versus Marner comparison.
You can think whatever you want, but Carolina would understand that Marner is better, and regardless, no team is going to throw away a chance at adding one of the best players in the world for nothing because one of their players is paid less. Marner would actually be a great fit for Carolina. Hopefully Toronto isn't so stupid that they let it get to that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad