Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Rutta

Stolarz
Woll

That's a lot of deck chairs.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
The Athletic ranks Ivan Provorov as the No. 1 likely to be moved this year, as he is a UFA after 2025.

If we could agree on a reasonable contract extension, I would be extremely interested in adding him, provided the price is not outrageous.

Rielly - Tanev
Provorov - McCabe
OEL - Timmins/Hakanpaa

That's a fantastic defence core in my eyes.

I like Benoit, but I wonder if his value is artificially high around the league? If it is, I'd explore moving him. I think Rifai could do his job for cheaper.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The Athletic ranks Ivan Provorov as the No. 1 likely to be moved this year, as he is a UFA after 2025.

If we could agree on a reasonable contract extension, I would be extremely interested in adding him, provided the price is not outrageous.

Rielly - Tanev
Provorov - McCabe
OEL - Timmins/Hakanpaa

I like Benoit, but I wonder if his value is artificially high around the league? If it is, I'd explore moving him. I think Rifai could do his job for cheaper.
Benoit's getting top ice time minutes, he's cheap and going nowhere..........

Rielly - Tanev
Provorov - McCabe
OEL - Timmins/Hakanpaa

I like Benoit, but I wonder if his value is artificially high around the league? If itro is, I'd explore moving him. I think Rifai could do his job for cheaper.
I like Provorov, good D man...........

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
FYI Mirtle on the radio today said Lilly has no value around the league.

He's not a very attractive player because he plays scared under duress and fatigue. His overall positive impact isn't high to begin with, doesn't do anything particularly noteworthy and is outcompeted. D+8, there isn't that much going on. He's like the RHD Travis Dermott, give or take.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Benoit's getting top ice time minutes, he's cheap and going nowhere..........
That and OEL is moving up before he's moving down.

A retained Provo makes for a great push piece this year and provides Rielly or McCabe alternatives for next year, but we really don't need a cardio machine on the left side right now. We can fill those minutes already. Maybe hes ambidextrous but ideally an RD pops up.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
FYI Mirtle on the radio today said Lilly has no value around the league.
Id rather trade Timmins anyways. Almost think he's playing because they're trying to raise his value and showcase him before the inevitable players on the IR and LTIR come off.

Connor Timmins had close to no value at all before this season began. Most people thought he would be placed on waivers. Leafs clearly trying to tell teams this dude can play

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That and OEL is moving up before he's moving down.

A retained Provo makes for a great push piece this year and provides Rielly or McCabe alternatives for next year, but we really don't need a cardio machine on the left side right now. We can fill those minutes already. Maybe hes ambidextrous but ideally an RD pops up.
roger that..........

Hard to when you don't play.
hard to get in the line up when you suck.............

Id rather trade Timmins anyways. Almost think he's playing because they're trying to raise his value and showcase him before the inevitable players on the IR and LTIR come off.

Connor Timmins had close to no value at all before this season began. Most people thought he would be placed on waivers. Leafs clearly trying to tell teams this dude can play
maybe Utah bites, his salary is more palpable than Lilly's...........

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He also said San Jose could be a fit and they’d need to take a bad contract back.

Kostin could fit that bill. 2M this year then RFA.

I wonder how high they are on Mukhamadullin? He was once seen as a fairly good prospect but at age 22 and still in the AHL on a bad team doesn't seem to bode well? Another name I'd be interested in is Thomas Bordeleau, but he's a small speedy playmaking winger so I don't know if that makes sense.

They acquired Kostin last season and they seem to like him a lot. Nico Sturm is probably a more realistic target.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
why the f*** did we sign him if we aren't eeven going to show case him.

I genuinely don't understand how you do some bullshit like that

If he can't be moved,.then signing him to that high of a cap hit BEFORE free agency even began is going to look like the biggest blunder of the off-season by far for the front office

In retrospect it may have been worth it to simply not qualify him if Berube was likely to not have confidence in his ability to fit his game plan and spend the money elsewhere

I'm hoping part of this is the front office simply assuming someone will eventually pay their price for him as other teams encounter injuries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad