Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
If the Leafs could find a way to get Lawson Crouse in a Liljegren deal that would be awesome.

Knies - Matthews - Marner

McMann- Domi - Nylander

Crouse - Tavares - Robertson

Lorentz - Holmberg/Kampf - Reaves

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If the Leafs could find a way to get Lawson Crouse in a Liljegren deal that would be awesome.

Knies - Matthews - Marner

McMann- Domi - Nylander

Crouse - Tavares - Robertson

Lorentz - Holmberg/Kampf - Reaves
Utah would never trade Crouse, but boy that would be a real coup to obtain him…….

Reactions: LeafSteel

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think we're heading towards a Liljegren to Utah smoke show. I'd take our 2nd round pick back straight up at this rate. I would also ask about Soderstrom and/or Curtis Douglas.

I'd be fine with a 2nd.

Even if it makes the Leafs look foolish I don't see him breaking out with this coach and GM given their clear preference for other types of playing styles

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd be fine with a 2nd.

Even if it makes the Leafs look foolish I don't see him breaking out with this coach and GM given their clear preference for other types of playing styles

Not sure I see Utah trading a roster player when they are trying to make a push and they have a lot of future assets. Soderstrom is probably a bust but could be worth the project if the 2nd isn't quite enough? I don't know. He signed a 2 year deal with Brynas in the off-season.

It gives ammo for the trade deadline or maybe even at the draft. Leafs can then activate Dewar and/or Jarnkrok without much issue other waiving someone.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Have you advised Berube of your superior knowledge?
It’s early in the year. Domi will do for now. They will/should target a Centre at the deadline unless Minten suddenly emerges.

It does not take superior knowledge to know Domi does not have the defensive chops to be a legit 2C on a team wanting to go far in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad