Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We currently have one 2nd and a 5th 6th and 7th in the next draft

We want to add at the TDL so i'd be happy getting a pick for Liljegren rather than another body back
Bad teams usually want picks back so even a 3rd would be useful if we're trying to grab a middle 6C

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We currently have one 2nd and a 5th 6th and 7th in the next draft

We want to add at the TDL so i'd be happy getting a pick for Liljegren rather than another body back
Bad teams usually want picks back so even a 3rd would be useful if we're trying to grab a middle 6C
I'd rather stay away from rentals if they can. That's why there are hardly any picks.

Reactions: Zero1 and rumman

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Korczak is another, could get young real fast back there if we chose to do so.
Perhaps, but Jiricek, in particular, for me.

I'd probably annoy people with what I'd move for him. But if this kid is around where Dobson was around '20 or where Harley was 12-18 months ago, you can't get those guys unless you're picking quite high in the draft, and this team won't and can't do that. So, you've got to go for it while the player's value is low, and while it is a gamble, its payoff could be enormous.

Even if they managed to get a pick in that range, it would not fit Matthews' current contract and the window.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I'd probably annoy people with what I'd move for him. But if this kid is around where Dobson was around '20 or where Harley was 12-18 months ago, you can't get those guys unless you're picking quite high in the draft, and this team won't and can't do that. So, you've got to go for it while the player's value is low, and while it is a gamble, its payoff could be enormous.

Even if they managed to get picked in that range, it doesn't fit with Matthews' current contract and the window.

Yeah, I wonder what the ask is for us.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Even if they managed to get picked in that range, it doesn't fit with Matthews' current contract and the window.

I can’t possibly see what we have to offer for him.

Lilly and Minten? Probably not enough. Would we do Cowan?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

I was reading the commentary around the training camp, fans weren't impressed...I guess the coach wasn't either, hence he is not playing.

I think Cowan would be a hard limit.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

I would, but I'd consider going even further.

Yeah, I wonder what the ask is for us.
A lot, I'd imagine, but you'd be hoping for frustration on the part of CBJ management to get the price down as much as possible.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad