Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
This is looking more towards next off-season. Not saying that I think it should happen but just something that popped into my head when looking at next summers UFA crop.

I am wondering if Vegas will be looking to move off of Pietrangelo so that they can re-sign Theodore.

Pietrangelo has a no-trade clause and you would have to imagine that if they are looking to force him out, Toronto is a place he would like to be. If you could get Vegas (or another team) to retain 1-2 million, I would imagine the Leafs would be interested in that. Tavares is very good friends with Pietrangelo and it might entice Tavares to sign an even friendlier deal to make it work. Pietrangelo only has 2 more years left on his deal after this one so it's not like it would be a long term anchor.

Rielly - Pietrangelo
OEL - Tanev

Not a bad looking top 4.

Reactions: Kurtz and ACC1224

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
This is looking more towards next off-season. Not saying that I think it should happen but just something that popped into my head when looking at next summers UFA crop.

I am wondering if Vegas will be looking to move off of Pietrangelo so that they can re-sign Theodore.

Pietrangelo has a no-trade clause and you would have to imagine that if they are looking to force him out, Toronto is a place he would like to be. If you could get Vegas (or another team) to retain 1-2 million, I would imagine the Leafs would be interested in that. Tavares is very good friends with Pietrangelo and it might entice Tavares to sign an even friendlier deal to make it work. Pietrangelo only has 2 more years left on his deal after this one so it's not like it would be a long term anchor.

Rielly - Pietrangelo
OEL - Tanev

Not a bad looking top 4.
Or rielly can go

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Honestly would rather have Justin Holl straight up for liljegren (wings retain 400k). Both players have one more year left, Holl was fine in a bottom pairing role and on the pk.
At this point I'm sure both would welcome a change of scenery.

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Holl

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Honestly would rather have Justin Holl straight up for liljegren (wings retain 400k). Both players have one more year left, Holl was fine in a bottom pairing role and on the pk.

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Holl

God no, Liljegren does surprisingly well in a bottom pair sheltered role so I'd rather just keep him than bring Holl back again

I'd only accept Holl back if we're allowed to strap him to Elon's next rocket and fire his ass into space

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

Rielly Tanev
OEL McCabe
Benoit Holl
IMG_3737.jpeg

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
The hate on Liljegren is mind blowing, Pair him with OEL and let him run. He's going to end up haunting us like Stralman did if we trade him.

Hoping the only reason Timmins is playing is to showcase him because he is not an NHL regular on a Stanley cup contender

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
The hate on Liljegren is mind blowing, Pair him with OEL and let him run. He's going to end up haunting us like Stralman did if we trade him.

Hoping the only reason Timmins is playing is to showcase him because he is not an NHL regular on a Stanley cup contender

I'm wondering this also..

Reactions: LeafChief

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Going into the season I assumed OEL-Liljegren would be a pairing. I'd like to see them give that a chance before moving off from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad