Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I would much rather move out Kampf and Timmins. Kampf is redundant if he is not killing penalties.

I think there is still potential there in Lily, and would like to see him get some more games before pulling the plug. Unless we get a solid return that is. I would not just dump him.

Reactions: aingefan

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I would much rather move out Kampf and Timmins. Kampf is redundant if he is not killing penalties.

I think there is still potential there in Lily, and would like to see him get some more games before pulling the plug. Unless we get a solid return that is. I would not just dump him.

He makes 3m and is a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Menzinger

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Definitely agree the extension for him was very questionable. Especially as an RFA. Not sure why we didnt strong-arm him for a team-friendly deal.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
The draft was the perfect time for a trade

The Lily contract is probably the most short-sighted move we've seen by this current front office yet. 100% avoidable and a missed opportunity to spend that money better in free agency
I would presume that they would have traded him had there been a palatable deal to be made. IIRC, Mirtle says on latest Leaf Report that they tried to trade him all summer; extended him rather than letting him walk for nothing.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I swear guys you should've voted me for GM all those years ago.

I would've moved Tavares, Marner, Holl and Liljegren years back. Would've re-signed Hyman, kept Kadri, wouldn't have traded Marchment for Malgin.

We would've had a load of picks as well.

To be fair, I know a lot of us would've done this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad