Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
I would much rather move out Kampf and Timmins. Kampf is redundant if he is not killing penalties.

I think there is still potential there in Lily, and would like to see him get some more games before pulling the plug. Unless we get a solid return that is. I would not just dump him.

Reactions: aingefan

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I would much rather move out Kampf and Timmins. Kampf is redundant if he is not killing penalties.

I think there is still potential there in Lily, and would like to see him get some more games before pulling the plug. Unless we get a solid return that is. I would not just dump him.

He makes 3m and is a healthy scratch.

Reactions: Menzinger

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Definitely agree the extension for him was very questionable. Especially as an RFA. Not sure why we didnt strong-arm him for a team-friendly deal.

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
The draft was the perfect time for a trade

The Lily contract is probably the most short-sighted move we've seen by this current front office yet. 100% avoidable and a missed opportunity to spend that money better in free agency
I would presume that they would have traded him had there been a palatable deal to be made. IIRC, Mirtle says on latest Leaf Report that they tried to trade him all summer; extended him rather than letting him walk for nothing.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I swear guys you should've voted me for GM all those years ago.

I would've moved Tavares, Marner, Holl and Liljegren years back. Would've re-signed Hyman, kept Kadri, wouldn't have traded Marchment for Malgin.

We would've had a load of picks as well.

To be fair, I know a lot of us would've done this.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Why the f*** did we sign Liljegren to that contract?

I think Tre has done some good things. But holy Moses does he do some really perplexing things. The only bright side is it's not crippling.
Treliving has been pretty unimpressive tbh, but he has avoided big mistakes so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad