Trades & Free Agency Thread: 2024-2025 Season Edition

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Edmonton might be calling about Lilli tonight. Edmonton looked bad defensively during the pre season and I guess we'll see if that continues this game.

At this rate, they might also call about Murray. They do love to pick up former Leafs.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
1000011813.png

• Haha
Reactions: Kurtz and aingefan

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The kings could use a RD no? With Doughty out 3-4 months?

Surprisingly enough, they also in the market for a 4th line center. Kampf is not needed on this team

Kampf + Liljegren for picks would be great for both teams

Reactions: Kurtz

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Why the f*** did we sign Liljegren to that contract?

I think Tre has done some good things. But holy Moses does he do some really perplexing things. The only bright side is it's not crippling.
Wasn't it done to avoid arbitration where he would have received around that amount?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
They should have just moved on from him in the summer.
This was handled so unbelievably poorly that it's infuriating

They essentially lit 3 million on fire by signing Lilly knowing he wasn't going to be given a real opportunity here. That extra 3 million could've been used in a variety of ways such as offering Matt Roy more money, or also moving off someone like Jarnkrok and giving the 5+ million to a middle 6 forward such as DeBrusk

Now it's going to league minimum guys who are a dime a dozen. I cannot understand the logic

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This was handled so unbelievably poorly that it's infuriating

They essentially lit 3 million on fire by signing Lilly knowing he wasn't going to be given a real opportunity here. That extra 3 million could've been used in a variety of ways such as offering Matt Roy more money, or also moving off someone like Jarnkrok and giving the 5+ million to a middle 6 forward such as DeBrusk

Now it's going to league minimum guys who are a dime a dozen. I cannot understand the logic

Full agreement from me. baffling.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Like, it won't surprise me at all if Liljegren is waived at the start of next season by whatever team acquires him.

He's a bottom of the roster player with the constitution of melting butter

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Like, it won't surprise me at all if Liljegren is waived at the start of next season by whatever team acquires him.

He's a bottom of the roster player with the constitution of melting butter

Liljegren may not be a fit on this team but he’s still an NHL player.

No idea why the Leafs are tanking his value. Timmins is not better than Liljegren and he’ll probably be injured most of the season anyways. Treliving will then overpay for a mediocre defenceman at the deadline.

They need to play him and get his value up then package him for a top-4 defenceman that fits.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Liljegren may not be a fit on this team but he’s still an NHL player.

No idea why the Leafs are tanking his value. Timmins is not better than Liljegren and he’ll probably be injured most of the season anyways. Treliving will then overpay for a mediocre defenceman at the deadline.

They need to play him and get his value up then package him for a top-4 defenceman that fits.

Is he?

Other teams thought Engvall and Holl were NHL players but boy were they wrong.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Marner* + Liljegren + Kampf for Nurse + RNH
*Extended

Assuming Marner would waive to go to Edmonton.

RNH and Marner look so much alike the Leafs can just give RNH #16. The casual fan wouldn't even notice Marner was gone. I like Nurse and think he would do well under Berube.

Leafs lineups:

Knies/Matthews/Nylander
Robertson/RNH/Domi
Pacioretty/Tavares/Jarnkrok
McMann/Holmberg/Lorentz

Rielly/Nurse
McCabe/Tanev
OEL/Benoit

Hildeby
Stolarz
Woll
Murray

Hildeby will be starter for the playoffs due to injuries to Woll & Murray and Stolarz only proves capable of being the backup he always has been his entire NHL career.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: hamzarocks

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
You imagine they would have done their due diligence on league wide interest for Lilly if the plan was to sign him at a tradeable deal, rather then lose him for nothing. Could be that is backfiring.

Leafs have the season to find one more C and one more D, seems a better position then recent years, though we might have to add one more G to that list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad