Sudbury Wolves 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Do you guys think this would get it done?
Molnár
Royston
2025 2nd
2026 2nd
2025 3rd
2027 3rd
2025 4th (WSR)
2026 5th (NIA)

For Musty and a 2027 5th (the 5th being for Molnar)

Then there's the Part 2 of the trade with Challenger heading to the Wolves later on. Not sure how that would be structured.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do you guys think this would get it done?
Molnár
Royston
2025 2nd
2026 2nd
2025 3rd
2027 3rd
2025 4th (WSR)
2026 5th (NIA)

Close enough to get a real conversation started. Though if doing that, Erie should ship Mysiak over for an OA D retaining Molnar? Can Erie use up all their draft capital and giving up a middle six to acquire a top line forward?

What's your take on Royston

A L3 power forward that likely produces points at 19; or, a less promising Pharrand with a heck of a lot more bite.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Close enough to get a real conversation started. Though if doing that, Erie should ship Mysiak over for an OA D retaining Molnar. Can Erie use up all their draft capital and giving up a middle six to acquire a top line forward?

Wolves still think they can get Chovan over this year

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Wolves still think they can get Chovan over this year

Does that matter with the wolves having no import currently? As far as I know, the wolves do not risk losing the rights to an import until the import shows; then, they have 14 days from the first game played to count as two signed imports if acquiring one in trade now.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Ok. Imo barrie did quite well in this deal. Not giving up much for Wakely. I realize Wakely' status but not enough imo for the Bay.
I agree. Moses is unproven and I expected North Bay would get at least a 2nd and a 3rd for him. This is no way near the Morrison or Hayes return Hamilton got two seasons ago. It also means that the Battalion are going to have to trade Romani to restock their draft pick cupboard.

EOtterstracker

Oct 13, 2023
Problem is unless they get him for a severe discount, Musty will use up all their assets. They still need to get a defenseman to replace Sova.
That’s fine. Besides I’m 90% sure they can trade past what is in the database. I think it’s 5 years further than the coming draft so 2030. They could still do some stuff.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
The idea that Musty can play in Europe is worrisome Can someone verify this?..
I like the play of making a statement suggesting Wolves will only make a deal that significantly helps the organization...BUT if Musty up and goes to Europe to play we're stuck with nothing in return.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
I like the play of making a statement suggesting Wolves will only make a deal that significantly helps the organization...BUT if Musty up and goes to Europe to play we're stuck with nothing in return.
He can but i highly doubt it happens.
SJ will want him in North America to monitor his progress closer.

He will most likely do what SJ advises him to do. -They have likely already intervened to keep him in NA.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the wolves don’t trade him soon they may lose him for nothing. 0 chance in hell musty will be sitting until January just so you guys can get an ‘08

A league like the SHL or AHL would be perfect for musty this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad